Home Cigar 101

furry wrapper

ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
Okay, its not mold, its not plume, it's not a sun spot, and it doesn't look like tooth. At least I don't think its any of those things. I am at work so I can't show you a picture, but the wrapper looks like it has little sparkly hairs on it. They don't appear to rub off. The cigar was in a tubo with a cedar wrap. Anyone got any guesses?

Comments

• mildew
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    hmmmm perhaps. It doesn't look that dense though. It doesn't smell funny either
  • I'm thinking it is some sort of mold, as turbos tend to mold ..best thing to do would be try and post a pic later on

here it is.....
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    ironhorse:

here it is.....
    I feel like this is just the way the wrapper is... btw... it prolly got goosebumps anticipating you smoking him! In all seriousness though - it looks normal...
    its not my imagination though right? You do see the little hairs on it
    ironhorse:
    its not my imagination though right? You do see the little hairs on it
    Yeah! They are there... Is it an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper? Or Cameroon?
    its actually that montecristo platinum we talked about earlier. Got it from a B&M so I don't know what the wrapper is, but I would guess Sumatra. Def not cameroon
    ironhorse:
    its actually that montecristo platinum we talked about earlier. Got it from a B&M so I don't know what the wrapper is, but I would guess Sumatra. Def not cameroon
    Hm... Its Mexican wrapper... I will check mine as well as soon as I get home, but once again - it does seem normal...
    Cound not find a close up of a tobacco pant, the hair you see there and the tomato plant(leaf and stem) are present as well on the tobacco plant. all though its life cycle . I see these hairs on many of my cigars.
    Some biology
    "Sometimes plants use hairs and spines for reasons other than making life difficult for animals. By providing greater surface area, or by creating a sunlight- or wind-deflecting blanket, thick mats of hairs or spines can actually help a plant control its temperature. Similarly, a carpet of fuzz on a leaf's underside can reduce a plant's water loss through evaporation."
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I am sure your cigar is just fine. I have some cigars like that as well. Never had any issues.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    i noticed this one a romeo y julieta vegro.iits a lot more prominent on that cigar. my tubed platinum is at the bottom of my humi so cant get to it at the morment to have a look:p
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lassy, where the heck are you? I expected a really clever off color answer to this, especially concerning little tiny hairs. Don't disappoint us!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    Lassy, where the heck are you? I expected a really clever off color answer to this, especially concerning little tiny hairs. Don't disappoint us!
    They are short, but not curly, so your Cigar has just hit puberty...

And judging by your hairs being douched in glitter I'd say that Liberace skipped Puberty and channeled it into your cigar... That's right, you have a prepubescent Liberace ****...... (in a tube)

How's that?????
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew you would come through for us! I've said this before, but I don't know who makes me laugh more, you or Kuzi.

Keep it up. Hmm, maybe I shouldn't say that to you...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    just give it a good shave...
    I checked my Monte btw and the wrapper was also furry... Not as much as yours but it was... So it def IS normal...
  • Is that cigar aged about 12-15 years? If so, its not unsual to start seeing hair in new places...
    adamkhalil:
    Is that cigar aged about 12-15 years? If so, its not unsual to start seeing hair in new places...
    Haahaha... It has entered its puberty you mean? ;)