Home Ratings & Reviews

Ave Maria Reconquista

I have just smoked my second Reconquista. They are truly great cigars. Smooth, even burning, produce gobs of thick, rich smoke and are immaculately constructed. I received 4 Reconquistas from 2 Decadent Dozen II samplers. One of the boxes was empty. When I contacted Cigar.com about this they offered to replace the cigar and even offered to give me another stick for my trouble, but, as far as I am concerned, this was not on Cigar.com, as they just distribute from the vendor. This is wholly on Ave Maria. Will I buy Reconquistas at retail cost in the future? Probably. These are fine sticks. But if I ever get another empty box, I'll write them off.

Comments

• KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Not that much of a fan of the Recon....good cigar......but not at the price one typically has to pay....
    Plenty of other cigars that I like more, that cost way less......
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Come to think of it.....the Ave Maria line in general doesn't do it for me.........
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I just had my first Ave the other day, rather enjoyed it. Though it was a bomb, not a purchase, so I couldn't tell you exactly which one it was.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad smoke but wouldn't pay the msrp for them. But I did enjoy the one I had and would smoke it again
    Money can't buy taste
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    This one is like the Unholy Cocktail for me. Good smoke but IF you can forget abouth them for a year they completley change and become awesome!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Like em, think I have some from March madness, two years ago great deals!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    This one is like the Unholy Cocktail for me. Good smoke but IF you can forget abouth them for a year they completley change and become awesome!
    Love the recons. One of my all time favs.

Got a few left in the coolidor....with just about 1 yr on them. I plan to fire one up as soon as the weather warms up and I have a free afternoon. This smoke takes every bit of 2.5-3 hrs to finish.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one last one, about 2 years old, I think. I really should mark these things. I brought it to the top of the humi about 3 weeks ago, pull it out, put it back, etc. Maybe it's its time.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    I have one last one, about 2 years old, I think. I really should mark these things. I brought it to the top of the humi about 3 weeks ago, pull it out, put it back, etc. Maybe it's its time.
    Ha that's how I am. I got in on that march deal 2 years ago. The first one I smoked I wasn't impressed by. But a year later Wow! 2 years later it was amazing. Wish I'd have jumped on last years March madness. Hope they have them again this year so I can smoke one of the 2 I have left. Oh crap I just realized I sent one to Shizz. Guess I only got one??
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Ha that's how I am. I got in on that march deal 2 years ago. The first one I smoked I wasn't impressed by. But a year later Wow! 2 years later it was amazing. Wish I'd have jumped on last years March madness. Hope they have them again this year so I can smoke one of the 2 I have left. Oh crap I just realized I sent one to Shizz. Guess I only got one??
    Don't worry Ricky, I can stock you up this March.. :)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Rhamlin:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Don't worry Ricky, I can stock you up this March.. :)
    Thats what I'm waiting on to Jim. I didn't get in on it last year and have regretted it ever since. Hope they have the Recon/Oval deal again those Ovals are awesome now to.
    Finally smoked it. Wifes mom is in the hospital, which is too bad, I hate it, but that meant that the wife was gone overnight. Poured a glass of Jim Beam double aged, put on Carlos Santana Supernatural, mute the TV and flip back and forth between Goodfellas and Braveheart without the usual running commentary on "macho BS", and enjoyed the whole thing. Alone time, VERY rare for me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    I figure an Ave Maria post is a good way to leave my 666th post behind me :)

Love the Recon. Smoked my last one the other day and have been hoping to see them pop up on the Sprint Sale or March Madness. MSRP is a bit high, but I love the flavor profile and every one I have smoked had great construction.

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've been waiting too see them pop up on the dd
    Money can't buy taste
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I've got some of these on the way. Glad I saw this thread. I'll be aging them for awhile before I smoke one.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 from when they were first released in the coffins..will smoke them someday
  • crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Top Shelf Full-Bodied Collection 5 Recon 5 Oval
  • SashavoiSashavoi Posts: 8
    I had a box of Reconquista and it is a good cigar, but not one I would buy regularly, a bit pricey for me in this page you can find more info http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/2/768409/ShowThread.aspx#768409
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    crzydimnd68:
    I don't need them and I really shouldn't spend the money....but damn hard to beat that price. Might be worth stocking up just for bombs/passes. Hmmm......any idea how long this one is valid for? Still got a lot of time left for other deals.....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    crzydimnd68:

Thank you sir. I ordered two

• crzydimnd68:

Thanks!
    Did that!

• crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    I stumbled upon the offer at checkout of my order that arrived today. Couldn't pass it up. That didn't last long. Looks like they pulled it.
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    Damn, I must have missed it. :( if that deal is still around, could you provide a link? I can't find it. I want to pop on the DD Recon, but if this 5 Recon and 5 Oval is still around, I want to check that out.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a box of the Recons