Home Ratings & Reviews

Curivari El Gran Rey

I picked this cigar up at a B&M a couple weeks ago and finally got to smoke it last Thursday night and I absolutely loved it! Anyone else really enjoy these? Or if anyone has any suggestions on sticks that I could pick up that would be like this one I would appreciate the info.

Comments

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curivari has some nice stuff...the 4k series, Buenventura all real good.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The seleccion privacy by them rules as well
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    Bigshizza:
    Curivari has some nice stuff...the 4k series, Buenventura all real good.

catfishbluezz:
    The seleccion privacy by them rules as well

Awesome. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those. Thanks!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Their Gloria de Leon is pretty dang good as well.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Was commenting the other day that the 4000 series (?)(white band torpedo) with six months rest is beautiful as well.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Bombay:
    Was commenting the other day that the 4000 series (?)(white band torpedo) with six months rest is beautiful as well.
    I totally agree. The only one I've had so far that wasn't great was the purple label (Cafe I think). It wasn't bad, but wasn't in the same league as the others.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    Looks like I'm going to have to invest a little more into this line and start trying more of them. I really enjoyed the el gran Rey so I am pretty sure it wouldnt be a bad idea to pick up some others based on these recommendations. Thanks brothers.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    dandin1:
    Looks like I'm going to have to invest a little more into this line and start trying more of them. I really enjoyed the el gran Rey so I am pretty sure it wouldnt be a bad idea to pick up some others based on these recommendations. Thanks brothers.
    The 4000 white label and Selccion Privada both made my top lists of 2012 and 2013 man. This company kicks ass.
  • I had Curivari Gloria De Leon Dominante from a friend, which I loved very much. I guess I'll try the Gran Ray in the future visit this site https://www.swisscubancigars.com/index.php/romeo-y-julieta.html
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had the El Gran Rey, but I did smoke two other cigars by Curivari a few months back. Very good for medium body cigars, which I normally don't smoke alot of.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392

I have had the Buenaventura, and the Reserva Limitada Cafe maduro both great. Just had the Gran Rey last night and it was excellent. On the mild side of medium but complex and flavorful. Great burn, took it down to less than an inch and it never got hot.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Agree the 4000 series is awesome, I enjoyed the 1000 (robusto??) as well