Home Ratings & Reviews

Hatuey Cigars?

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
So i'm traveling to NAS Fallon Nevada this weekend for 19 days of detahment and i found this neat cigar shop online in Reno, which isnt far. It's Hatuey cigars of reno. They are a small boutique brand made by a cuban family. Theyre sizes and wrappers run the whole gamut from robusto cameroon to torpedo and perfecto maduros. A little searching on the net and these guys have pretty good reviews. Anyone heard of them or tried them? I'll definatley go in and smoke a few, if theyre good i'll get a bunch and redistribute the wealth, since thats the going phrase these days LOL

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Never heard of them, but wouldn't be opposed to trying a few out!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Oh for sure man! If these dont suck i'll definatley bomb some out.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    OK, I'm, a day late (or two) and a dollar short on this one,

Hey just found c.com here after Christmas 2013 :)

and was searching the forum here, Yes Hatuey is a GREAT shop, they have very nice sticks and a great comfy atmosphere, I probably go there 4-5 times a month, there always busy. hands down better then the other "Normal" B&M in town that sells the standards, and a BAR 20 feet away that you can get a drink and bring it in while you smoke :)
    Holy hell dude...diggin up 5 year old threads? been hangin around randy much :). Tell ya what, send me some hatueys and i'll make it worth your while :)
    Sorry jet, give me a week and ill go pick up a few 4 ya :) sorry been away a bit helping out wife with some of her family 's crap going back and forth from CA. to NV. a lot lately should be done/back on track in a couple more days
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Steve. Finally got around to trying these. I'm 99% certain that I picked out your package in the TNT Two Tonys pass. These are thoughroughly enjoyable brother. I'm smoking the double wrap#1. (barber pole) Yum! These guys know what they are doing IMHO. Especially love the finish on these.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Holy hell dude...diggin up 5 year old threads? been hangin around randy much :). Tell ya what, send me some hatueys and i'll make it worth your while :)
    Rude. About to add the HIV to your MEDPROS.
    Probably better than adding the clap... Never pi$$ off the keepers of the silver bullet. On a side note, I still haven't had any Hatuey cigars.
    Jetmech_63:
    On a side note, I still haven't had any Hatuey cigars.
    PM to ya Sir, need Addy confirmation
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    Jetmech_63:
    On a side note, I still haven't had any Hatuey cigars.
    PM to ya Sir, need Addy confirmation

My apologies....I could not wait....after 1 day I lit up the one that had a label (bad eyesight can't read it). I was impressed....it was very good, and after only 1 day. I will be letting the others rest for at least 4 weeks. Thanks again.
    Shouldn't have to let them rest to long, they all come from the walk in humi at the shop where they are stored for a while before sold, I buy a handful every week or so and smoke them from day 1, just as I will smoke 1 or 2 while there buying them, the only issue is the 2 days in rout to you I guess
    Though not positive ... but now thinking about it, do/should you let the sticks you buy from a shops walk in be rested ??? I have never done that, only on mail order sticks, Hmmm
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, which of their lines would you recommend?
    Thinking of ordering some from them. The H3 looks and sounds pretty good.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    The main ones I smoke are ...
    "Farmers Cigars" line - in the Cognac's (I like all the cognac lines) & The Black Pepper stick-Great after a good steak dinner
    "Flor de Otero" line - All
    And the "Cabinet Collection" - double wrap (barber poles)
    Don't usually "buy to go" anything over the $7 mark there normally, sometimes will splurge on a higher price one to smoke while Im there though

There are a few I've had there that are Frigen Awesome, 1 is like smoking fresh roasted cashews, and the other is like smoking a nutty mocha coffee, but D@mn if I can remember what ones they were :/

Tony, Give me till the 20th and I'll send you a fiver of the ones I smoke as my daily sticks
    Wont forget like I did with Vinny - - - - (Sorry they were so late Brother !! Hope you got them ok)
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Woke up early and passed on the prems, decided to "yard gar" it up. Hey, I love a good yard gar but I don't have amazing expectations when I pick when up. If' I'm surprised, awesome....if not, oh well.Lit up the Peticetro Cognac...this thing is not a yard gar. It's just a dang good smoke, the first half was one of the most smooth retros I've ever had. I'd chance a box purchase based off of this one, it was that enjoyable.
  • I stop by the Hatuey here in Fort Worth, TX often. I really enjoy the Cognac infused. They've got some great stuff.
    "Cabinet Collection" - double wrap

I just smoked one and it was a most enjoyable cigar. Smoked it while having some "Turtle Coffee", a caramel flavored brew. Both from honorknight 7. I don't normally drink flavored coffee's, so I turned it into "iced coffee", and it was a really great pairing.
    I just smoked my last Hatuey last night and not a bad one in the bunch, and they were all different.
    Glad you liked them Brother, If I can finally get the d@mn job I've been working towards the last 2 months with the DoD that they keep sending me "Referred to Most Qualified Applicant Status" emails on, I'll get you another set sent out with my first check :P
    honorknight7:
    Glad you liked them Brother, If I can finally get the d@mn job I've been working towards the last 2 months with the DoD that they keep sending me "Referred to Most Qualified Applicant Status" emails on, I'll get you another set sent out with my first check :P

Not necessary friend, I have their site bookmarked and will order some next month. The humidor you sent allowed me to free up one of mine, and I have paid it forward to one of the troops in the sand box. Complete "kit", and of course cigars. jbohon was kind enough to help out.
    Awesome that you PIF Brother especially to the troops :D
    About the Humidor I re-purposed for ya though, I bought it online just for that purpose so have never seasoned it and didn't even test it out to see how or if it would close properly because of what I intended it for, also I took it apart to sand down and prime/paint before putting it back together and don't know if doing that could/would hinder its ability to work as a normal humidor should..... so PLEASE test and season it before you trust it to store sticks in, ...key word TEST, I know you would season it :P
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Found this store in Downtown Sac and the gal who works there is as nice as could be. If the cigars are yard gars, then the prices sure didn't reflect that. I'm an inch into the barber pole cabinet selection and it is pretty good definitely not a yard gar. I'll have to try one of the cognac ones next time.
    blutattoo:
    Found this store in Downtown Sac and the gal who works there is as nice as could be. If the cigars are yard gars, then the prices sure didn't reflect that. I'm an inch into the barber pole cabinet selection and it is pretty good definitely not a yard gar. I'll have to try one of the cognac ones next time.

I smoked every one I had and was not disappointed with any of them. Have to add them to next months order list. Bad honorknight 7 bad bad.....
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    blutattoo:

I smoked every one I had and was not disappointed with any of them. Have to add them to next months order list. Bad honorknight 7 bad bad.....
    Hmmm JD likes Hatuey's and is low. Duly noted good sir.
    Honorknight, you still around? I'm going to Fallon for 4 weeks at the end of the month.
    he seems to have dropped off the earth along with a few others. Wonder if they have started their own clandestine smokers and bomber group........or maybe a pilgrimage to Cuba.