Home Cigar 101

Are 14% humidity and 71 degrees 4 mph winds ideal outdoor smoking conditions?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
Are 14% humidity and 71 degrees 4 mph winds ideal outdoor smoking conditions? 

I did set the cigar out on the porch to acclimate it for about 20 minutes but at about half an inch in I heard that tell-tale popping sound of the wrapper cracking. I was holding it and I even felt it pop too. LOL.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you either have a construction issue or it was not stored well. You should have no problem smoking in 71 degree, no wind.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure my humidor is doing ok. What about the 14% humidity? That's what I was thinking the problem was.
    It's a Obsidian White Noise Gordo 4.5 x 60. Ecuador Habano Wrapper. (I don't normally choose a 60 ring gauge but it was a sprint sale thing and I jumped on it.)
    I smoked outside today, windy, 60, rh was low 20s. I don't think it'd matter. I can see smoking too humid might pop the wrapper, but too dry wouldn't do that. Hmmmm. Dud? How long had that stick rested?
    8 months in the cooler in it's original box. Then a few days lately in one of my desktops. About 65% in each. It was tasty. But burned crooked at the halfway point but the wrapper crack never seemed to be a real problem in the long run.
    Sometimes, *** just happens I guess. I can't think of a single thing I'd do differently than you did. Glad it wasn't a total loss though.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Sometimes, *** just happens I guess. I can't think of a single thing I'd do differently than you did. Glad it wasn't a total loss though.
    gotta grew with gray on this. Bob - do you have more of this same cigar from the same order? If so any problems - How have they smoked? Bet it was just a single bad stogie, those conditions sound pretty good to me.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    Gray4lines:
    gotta grew with gray on this. Bob - do you have more of this same cigar from the same order? If so any problems - How have they smoked? Bet it was just a single bad stogie, those conditions sound pretty good to me.
    Yes, I have most of a box still. I bombed/gifted a handful. Maybe smoked a total of three myself but I don't recall any problems. And this is the only one I've had lately. Probably, hopefully, a one-time thing.