Naked sticks in shipments get damaged.

Comments

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    It's a 50/50 but yeah I always try to cello everything I send
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I keep cello's around, so if I ever do send a naked one...I can cover it up.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    This is why the 5 finger bags are awesome. I once received a shipment from a retailer that included one cigar that didn't have cello (shipped with a box and a few other singles). They actually took the time to cut the top off of a ziplock bag and wrap it around the cigar and tape it to create a plastic wrap to protect the cigar. That was pretty impressive.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    This is why the 5 finger bags are awesome. I once received a shipment from a retailer that included one cigar that didn't have cello (shipped with a box and a few other singles). They actually took the time to cut the top off of a ziplock bag and wrap it around the cigar and tape it to create a plastic wrap to protect the cigar. That was pretty impressive.
    5 finger bags are the bomb. Hahaha get it. See what I did there? I also have a tube. There is a BOTL on another forum who is a Legend named Shuckins. Dude has these plastic cigar tubes that twist together and accomodate a variety of cigar sizes. You adjust the size by twisting. They say something about being bombed by Shuckins on them. Pretty cool.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naked sticks need special care. I'm sure nobody intends for this to happen but these wrappers are very delicate and they get rubbed up against the other cigars in the bomb or pass and next thing you know the wrapper is busted up pretty bad. You just gotta be aware of the potential for damage and take that extra steps to insure the necessary precautions. Just like everybody has posted already, leftover cellophane from some of your old cigars is great, five finger bags are great, I suppose you could roll them up in aluminum foil or wax paper or almost anything. Anything would be better than nothing. Makes me sad to see good sticks get torn up :(

• Options
    jsnake:
    SleevePlz:
    5 finger bags are the bomb. Hahaha get it. See what I did there? I also have a tube. There is a BOTL on another forum who is a Legend named Shuckins. Dude has these plastic cigar tubes that twist together and accomodate a variety of cigar sizes. You adjust the size by twisting. They say something about being bombed by Shuckins on them. Pretty cool.
    Interesting. I'm trying to visualize this twisting method and all I can think of is the way they pack tootsie rolls. In fact, rolling naked sticks up in wax paper and twisting the ends up like a tootsie roll would be a very good solution for protecting naked sticks in transit.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    jsnake:
    SleevePlz:
    Interesting. I'm trying to visualize this twisting method and all I can think of is the way they pack tootsie rolls. In fact, rolling naked sticks up in wax paper and twisting the ends up like a tootsie roll would be a very good solution for protecting naked sticks in transit.
    you can buy those tubes from industrial supply. we get them here at work for the tooling from the machines.

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Bob Luken:
    jsnake:
    SleevePlz:
    you can buy those tubes from industrial supply. we get them here at work for the tooling from the machines.

Aj
    Cool. Can you point us out a specific product?
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Bob Luken:
    jsnake:
    SleevePlz:

Aj
    Cool. Can you point us out a specific product?
    I cant find exactly where we get our... you have a good question. we have boxes and boxes of these though. I did find the same product, but its definitly for industrial capacity and requires quanity purchase.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/twist-lock-telescopic-plastic-tube_239384479.html?s=p

Aj