Home General Discussion

CAO Event

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if anyone here is in the Kansas City Metro area. My favorite local is having a CAO event on October 16th and I have a heads up on the specials. The owners won one of the CAO motorcycles created by Sucker Punch Sallys Choppers and it will be there also. There is a total of 5 freebie offers

The biggest freebie deal is buy 6 boxes get 3 boxes free, CAO hat, CAO t-shirt, and a CAO electric guitar.
The smallest freebie is 6 free cigars with a CAO hat. Can't recall how many sticks you have to buy for this one.

I don't remember the specifics for the other packages but all the in betweens include free boxes with hats and t-shirts. The info I was shown did not give prices on packages but the freebies look sweet.

I missed the Torano event that featured Carlos and Charlie Torano with one of their cigar rollers. I was not happy about missing that but I was out of town working.

Can I post the name of the shop here? If you are in the KC metro I can PM you the info on where it is.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Not sure if anyone here is in the Kansas City Metro area. My favorite local is having a CAO event on October 16th and I have a heads up on the specials. The owners won one of the CAO motorcycles created by Sucker Punch Sallys Choppers and it will be there also. There is a total of 5 freebie offers

The biggest freebie deal is buy 6 boxes get 3 boxes free, CAO hat, CAO t-shirt, and a CAO electric guitar.
    The smallest freebie is 6 free cigars with a CAO hat. Can't recall how many sticks you have to buy for this one.

I don't remember the specifics for the other packages but all the in betweens include free boxes with hats and t-shirts. The info I was shown did not give prices on packages but the freebies look sweet.

I missed the Torano event that featured Carlos and Charlie Torano with one of their cigar rollers. I was not happy about missing that but I was out of town working.

Can I post the name of the shop here? If you are in the KC metro I can PM you the info on where it is.
    Make sure you call it "COW".... or you'll get funny looks!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    jsnake:

Make sure you call it "COW".... or you'll get funny looks!
    lmao ok :) Any recommendations on boxes to purchase? I have smoked Gold, Italia, Brazilia, and MX2 daggers. Depending on the box prices I intend to get a few free boxes if I can. Not sure how many but I want to mix it up. I tend to enjoy medium/full cigars and liked all the CAOs I tried.
    Med-Full you should try the LX2... Double Ligero... POWER!
  • HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    The cameroons are great! At least I like them. The Brazilia is another favorite of mine that I haven't had in a looooong time.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lx2 is a cigar any strong cigar lover should try. though they do better with some rest. If anyone is going, I'm wondering if CAO will ever re-release the tony soprano?
    phobicsquirrel:
    lx2 is a cigar any strong cigar lover should try. though they do better with some rest. If anyone is going, I'm wondering if CAO will ever re-release the tony soprano?
    I have only had 2 but really like the Soprano Cigar... But I'm biasedcfor I love the show!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The America is my favorite by CAO, but the MX2, CX2, Italia, and Black are all very good too.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    The American!
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have only had 2 but really like the Soprano Cigar... But I'm biasedcfor I love the show!
    Lassy - I got 2 Sopranos in the Boss size sitting around... I don't think they are really my cup of tea... Maybe I did not rest the ones that I tried too much... Or the size is too big for me... In any case - they look nice and are looking for a warm place to chill for a while... Interested?
    Absolutely PM sent!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    LX2 is great for the full bodied cigar lover. But as someone else said, give them a few months or even more in the humi. My fav they don't make anymore - the Vision. I have two in the humidor I just found at a local B&M that I'll save for a special occasion. I've heard good things about the Brazilian one as well, but haven't tried it yet.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Snake you have a PM
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    phobic u gots a PM
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I have missed 2 CAO events in my area. I love their smokes, but it just didn't work out for me either time. I am a big fan of the MX2 and the LX2 but the one that to me is very under rated and you don't hear a lot about is the Criollo. Awesome spicy cigar from what I remember. It's been a long time since I've had one, but they were great. I may have to pick me up a couple soon.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    PuroFreak:
    I have missed 2 CAO events in my area. I love their smokes, but it just didn't work out for me either time. I am a big fan of the MX2 and the LX2 but the one that to me is very under rated and you don't hear a lot about is the Criollo. Awesome spicy cigar from what I remember. It's been a long time since I've had one, but they were great. I may have to pick me up a couple soon.
    One of my favorites a few years ago was the Criollo from CAO. I'll have to pick one up and see if either my preferences have changed (which they have) or if it is as good as I remember it being.
    TatuajeVI:
    LX2 is great for the full bodied cigar lover. But as someone else said, give them a few months or even more in the humi. My fav they don't make anymore - the Vision. I have two in the humidor I just found at a local B&M that I'll save for a special occasion. I've heard good things about the Brazilian one as well, but haven't tried it yet.
    I was not impressed with the vision, the cigar looks good, the box is freakin sweet but he cigar just doesn't do it for me. brazilian is good but i've had a few plugged so I had to toss them.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Brazilian are hot! Oh wait, were talking cigars. Sorry :)
    I will be attending this on Friday. You guys need to send good mojo my way so I can win some free stuff. I already got a few CAO bumper stickers and since I sent a pic in with it on my car they are sending me a LaTraviata hat. They have really nice hats. I will post some pics up of the bike and any other cool stuff on Friday night.
    This was a wash out for me guys. My brakes went out on my car and now I have to pay $500 I do not have to fix it. I actually left my car at the dealership and walked to the B&M.

I completely wore the left pad off and caused it to lock up along with the caliper. The rotor was completely destroyed and locked up. The center of the rotor broke free from the rest since it was locked up. The right side was in better shape but still trashed. I get a family discount on parts and labor at the dealership so it is a better deal then going somewhere else.

I showed up to the event and the bike was beautiful. CAO rep was there with a bunch of stuff and Rock N Rolled exclusive cigars. Needless to say there was no giveaways and to get an exclusive cigar you had to buy 4 boxes. They had buy 3 get 1 free plus a free Rock N Rolled bandanna which is all I could afford. They had good freebies but with my $500 brake bill I had to place on a high interest rate credit card that I had stashed away I couldn't buy what I intended to get. Needless to say the event I was excited about for so long ended up being a crappy day for me. They had other freebie deals that were good but I just couldn't do it.

Any CAO freaks here interested in this Rock Rolled Bandanna hit me up if you want to trade for it. I love CAO but I won't do anything with it.
  • OldsguyOldsguy Posts: 11
    I just got home from the event too! Like you I purchased three cigars and picked out a Brazilia. I bought three of those new ones (forgot the name) and smoked one there. Pretty good cigar. A friend bought a box of special Americas and he smoked the torpedo which almost blew out on him but was able to correct it. The wrapper was ripped near the lit end but he was able to make a little cut perpendicular to the rip and stop it from peeling down further. I think I will let the other two new cigars age a few weeks before I smoke them to see if the are any better then. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the car.
    I got 3 La Traviata and a free LX2. All I could afford. I was bummed because I planned on getting a box of these new La Traviata to share in trades here and maybe split. Oh well, next time. There will be more. I still have a CAO La Traviata hat coming, 2 boxes from games here, a box of Gurkha Emipre III, and a box of Gurkha Black Dragon Tubos on the way so I will not be hurting for cigars.
    3 boxes? wow that's a bit much. Too bad cao didn't bring the mx3 with them.
    phobicsquirrel:
    3 boxes? wow that's a bit much. Too bad cao didn't bring the mx3 with them.
    I wish 3 boxes. We are talking sticks.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    My CAO event is tonight at 6:00 , looking much forward to it ...
  • CAO event on 10/24 for anyone in or near Indy.