Home General Discussion

Watch someone roll cigars! Right now!

I joined Facebook last month to give my condolences to a friend on the other coast who had just lost her husband to cancer.
Last week I had a friend request from someone I did not know. I clicked on this persons profile and they had images of cigars. One's being rolled etc... So I added them.

I saw a post today titled: Personal Cigar Roller - Live Streaming Webcam from Cigar Desk. So without further adou: Watch someone roll cigars! Right now!

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!! What a great post. Thanks much.

Marty

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. This is cool!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    rad1964:
    I joined Facebook last month to give my condolences to a friend on the other coast who had just loast her husband to cancer.
    Last week I had a friend request from someone I did not know. I clicked on this persons profile and they had images of cigars. One's being rolled etc... So I added them.

I saw a post today titled: Personal Cigar Roller - Live Streaming Webcam from Cigar Desk. So without further adou: Watch someone roll cigars! Right now!

Is it just one guy that stays up all night and rolls???

Or are there others and this is just a rotation of rollers?
    It's prolly on the website, but I'm lazy
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Yah.... dats kewl.
  • AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I believe that most of the work is done by a father/son team. Both of them paint houses together and the cigars are done in their free time.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Ayato:
    I believe that most of the work is done by a father/son team. Both of them paint houses together and the cigars are done in their free time.
    HUH! That is cooler than I thought it was... Where are they from?
  • AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    They are from Liberty, MO. Apparently they are working on getting a website up and running for people to order custom rolled cigars.
    Ayato:
    They are from Liberty, MO. Apparently they are working on getting a website up and running for people to order custom rolled cigars.
    Holy crap that is less then 20 minutes from my house. I wonder if I can go visit and watch in person. Maybe try their smokes!
    Ok, so I checked out their website and I am going to check these out for everyone here and maybe purchase some to add to trades and stuff as filler for people to try if anyone is interested. It might be a little while before I can make a purchase since I got a nice fat speeding ticket. Making plans to visit them and will keep you all posted if anyone is interested. I will get as much details as I can on the tobacco and their process.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sweet - keep us updated!

This is very cool - he's smoking a cigar while rolling. :)
  • rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    jsnake:
    Ok, so I checked out their website and I am going to check these out for everyone here and maybe purchase some to add to trades and stuff as filler for people to try if anyone is interested. It might be a little while before I can make a purchase since I got a nice fat speeding ticket. Making plans to visit them and will keep you all posted if anyone is interested. I will get as much details as I can on the tobacco and their process.
    It says that he will make a custom cigar to suit your tastes, ie.. med.-full spicey, et all. Please inquire as to his process of and the tobacco used to make all these to order cigars.

I will definitely try to get too much info to let you guys know. I will be calling them tomorrow and try to make a visit in the next 2 days. Keep you guys posted.
    He just started rolling again: Monday Sept. 28th - 5:20 pm PST

• did he stop already? edit, nvm i see it lol
  • sense when are web cams for not bobbies?
    He just started rolling again: Monday Sept. 28th - 5:20 pm PST

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    There is a shop just north of me in Austin that hand rolls cigars and you can watch them in the store. One of these days, I will find time to get up there.
  • JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    The best is to get to watch Sam Leccia roll a Cain Maduro then graciously hand it to you. Of course it's sitting in my humidor. Smile [:)]
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    JKTex:
    The best is to get to watch Sam Leccia roll a Cain Maduro then graciously hand it to you. Of course it's sitting in my humidor. Smile [:)]
    Well yes, that would be pretty freakin awesome. Feel free to shoot that my way if you're feeling generous ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Ok, so I talked to Corey Frisbee who is the one doing the cigar rolling. Very nice guy. He went to school in Texas to learn how to roll cigars. He is seelling his painting business and will be rolling cigars at a B&M and selling them.

I am going to get the opportunity to smoke his cigars and watch him roll in person. He uses Dominican and Nicaraguan tobaccos with a Conneticut, Sumatra, or Maduro wrapper. He double wraps the cigars. Right now he has Robustos that he sells for $7 each or $5 each in a box of 20. I know some might be sceptical about these and the prices but remember he will custom roll for you. If you like them tight he can do it, if you like loose no problem, and of course if you want to change up the blend he will do it.

I will report back with pictures and more info.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Its offline everytime I try to check it out
    He does it in his home right now. He owns a painting business which he is selling. Soon to be rolling at a B&M so the video will be more on a regular schedule later.
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    any update here, snake?
    I am still waiting to get some sticks from him. He runs his own business as of now and does this too so I know he is super busy. He is trying to sell his business and do this full time. I did talk to him last week to give a hook up here for a blog and possible review. When I get something in hand I will let you guys know right away.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jake ... Be sure to load up, you can sell them on the black market here. I'm always up for trying some fresh rolled. By the way your F&G went out today, should be there Tuesday.
    Sweet!! thanks and if he sends me any extras I will share the wealth. Hell if they are good I might buy some to send in my packages to you guys.