Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Park Avenue Serie '44'

So i got me a few of these (a box but dont tell anyone) and was wondering if anyone had tried these before? Every review i read on line said they were mild and a daily smoke in general
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I've had them before. Not too crazy about them myself, but a lot of people like it. From what I remember, there were some nutty notes along with a hint of bread. If that's your sort of thing, then I'm sure you'll love it. I'd still suggest trying at least two out before passing judgement though. What someone else doesn't like, you might love.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I've had about 6-7 over the past couple of years. I have really enjoyed them myself. I don't remember the flavor profiles that I experienced (my notes are at home), but I have been contemplating buying a box for some time. I will say that they get better with age. The last one I had had about 2 years rest on it and it was great. My buddy, who only smokes cigars occasionally, loved it! Hope you enjoy it. If after a couple they are not yoru cup of tea let me know. We can always try to work something out.

Rob
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice mild connecticut. I've purchased boxes in the past, but it's been a long time. Got a coupon for 10 yesterday with my last order, but, the coupon expires today. Not in the budget to make another purchase so quickly. If the coupon had been valid for another couple weeks, CCOM would have had a sale.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Well i hope i do end up liking them... got them from the devils site in a free fall for 2 bucks a cigar and pulled the trigger
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Great mild cigar IMO. Bought a box myself 3 or 4 years ago.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I've had them in the past, and while I won't rush out to re-stock, they were a decent mild cigar that I did enjoy. At two bucks you should get your moneys worth.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Ken, I also bought a box maybe 4 Years ago. For the price, it is a pretty good mild stick. One of the few from Gurkha you can actually trust not to unravel or blow up on you.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Also, it was blended by AJ Fernandez, probably the mildest thing he's ever done, or at least that I've tried.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I love them. Buy a box or 2 a year. Very nice mild smoke, great for handing out to friends who dont normally smoke.