Home Cigar 101

New Show: What Embargo? Episode Uno Sat night! 9:30EST

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
So we have been kicking around tons of ideas for new shows on Cig Fed, and Logan finally talked me into doing a show with Seth from Seth's Humidor to discuss cigars from a....certain region. Now, neither of us are experts, so we are viewing this as a learning experience and interactive discussion on...cigars from a certain island ;) Our first episode will serve as an introductory show and we will discuss how to spot fakes. Viewers can email us pictures of their own cigars if they are curious if they are real or not. We will also show several examples of fakes in our possession, well known things to look for, and resources for collectors. Over time, we hope to educate smokers on history, blends, new releases, tips, tricks, etc... So if you have a question you want answered, a show idea, or want some help identifying something, let us know. You can email me directly at dustin@cigarfederation.com. I will provide a direct link to the show probably Friday, but it should be front page. We will have a Q&A at the end of every show as well. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Catfish

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Can't wait to check out the show
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Sounds cool.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The show will get started in a bit. I've got TONS of pictures of fakes to go over, and you can even guess if you think some are real or not. Here is the link!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    The show will get started in a bit. I've got TONS of pictures of fakes to go over, and you can even guess if you think some are real or not. Here is the link!
    Linky no worky.
    Awesome! Hold tight lol
    link is good, we go live shortly
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching now. Thanks!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Put 'em in your wife's bag." = Best. Advice. Ever.

ROFL!!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great show guys! Thanks for putting that together!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    wish i coulda made it in time for it. hope it went well.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    Just watched the show, good stuff. Thanks guys.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Good show.. Lots of great information there.
    Thanks for watching guys, we had a good turnout, and should be able to keep it rolling! I'll keep posting links here.
    Join us this Wednesday for Episode Two featuring our take on CA's cigar of the year the Monte No 2. I'll be posting a review here, as well as on Cfed on Wed.
    catfishbluezz:
    Join us this Wednesday for Episode Two featuring our take on CA's cigar of the year the Monte No 2. I'll be posting a review here, as well as on Cfed on Wed.

Same time as last show?
    dandin1:
    catfishbluezz:

Same time as last show?
    i believe so, 9:30 est. We will be discussing all the international brands, some audience questions, and reviewing the Monte 2
    catfishbluezz:
    dandin1:
    catfishbluezz:

Same time as last show?
    i believe so, 9:30 est. We will be discussing all the international brands, some audience questions, and reviewing the Monte 2

Awesome. I'm looking forward to it.
    Episode three will be coming up Saturday March 1st, and i believe it will be a bit earlier at 8pm EST. We will be covering the Upmann Magnum 46 and how to identify or look at boxes/packaging.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Episode three will be coming up Saturday March 1st, and i believe it will be a bit earlier at 8pm EST. We will be covering the Upmann Magnum 46 and how to identify or look at boxes/packaging.
    Nice, I'll be sure and check it out
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Post your thoughts here. We are running a poll for tomorrow nights show at 8pm EST. Here is the thread, you can respond on CCom though. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts as to why or why not, someone sent this in last week.
    You decide
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will try to make the next show Dustin.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn that is an ugly m'f'in monte.
    Doesn't look like the cap is right (he11, doesn't even look like it has a cap)
    Band printing is off center
    And that wrapper is uglier than a 2-dollar wh0re!

Gotta go with fake....if not, umm, save your $$ IMO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and looks like it has some bugs.
    We will discuss packaging, the Mag46, and a Fake Monte Click here to watch at 8PM EST!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Cool show, Dustin. That was the first one I've caught. I'm very surprised with the entire fake Monte unfolding...ummm...wow. Mag46 is one of my favorites as well. I don't get it when people act like they are completely way off the Upmann profile. To me they seem like they are all Upmann.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Just watched the first episode (GREAT job), but can't find the second...any way to get a link on here to the back catalog in general?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Just watched the first episode (GREAT job), but can't find the second...any way to get a link on here to the back catalog in general?
    Huh... It used to be in the archive, along with #1, I thought. They need to fix that. I can't find it either.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    Ken Light:
    Ask and you shall receive... All of them go up on the Cigar Federation YouTube Account and to our iTunes Account.

Episode One:

Episode Two:

Episode Three:

For what it is worth, I tried to embed them but the codes do not work so these are the links
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Ken Light:
    Ask and you shall receive... All of them go up on the Cigar Federation YouTube Account and to our iTunes Account.

Episode One:

Episode Two:

Episode Three:

For what it is worth, I tried to embed them but the codes do not work so these are the links
    Thanks!!!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    So last night's show did not go down due to technical difficulty. So if you are bored tonight, we are reshooting the show live on Cigar Federation. We will discuss RH, Trinidad Reyes, a potentially fake Cohiba, and some more new releases from the festival with related discussion. FYI...the link will need to be refreshed once we go live, so if you click on it now it will show you our last show I believe. Click Here for the show at 8pm PST.