Home Ratings & Reviews

Different smokes for different folks. JDN Antanos 1970

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
I know plenty of you LOVE the JDN Antanos 1970 and I was excited to try it. But I didn't like it much. As I was an inch into it I decided to look it up and discovered it was ligero ligero legero and was supposed to be a kick-in-the-door kinda smoke. I felt lucky that I had eaten a little more than I should have for supper. I survived that part without any side effects, but the damn thing just seemed to be way too much going on at once. The flavor, or flavor combinations, just wasn't good for me.
Did anyone NOT like this stick besides me?

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    For the price I really like this smoke...it should be said that you should age it too get the most out of it. Also the vitola does play a big role in this,I preffer the allisado for this cigar
    Money can't buy taste
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I know plenty of you LOVE the JDN Antanos 1970 and I was excited to try it. But I didn't like it much. As I was an inch into it I decided to look it up and discovered it was ligero ligero legero and was supposed to be a kick-in-the-door kinda smoke. I felt lucky that I had eaten a little more than I should have for supper. I survived that part without any side effects, but the damn thing just seemed to be way too much going on at once. The flavor, or flavor combinations, just wasn't good for me.
    I agree. Not my favorite. I like the Celebracion much better (especially the consul). I think Jetmech loves the Antano if you're looking to unload them.

Now, I've never had them aged, but don't think they'd be my favorite even so. I don't think my issue is with strength on this cigar. It is strong; I just didn't care for the way the flavors meshed together.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    For the price I really like this smoke...it should be said that you should age it too get the most out of it. Also the vitola does play a big role in this,I preffer the allisado for this cigar
    It only rested a few months with me. I got it in a pass back in November, so three months rest on my end and who knows what before I got it. And it was the short fatty, Gran Consul (Gordo) (4.7"x60)
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Bob Luken:
    I agree. Not my favorite. I like the Celebracion much better (especially the consul). I think Jetmech loves the Antano if you're looking to unload them.

Now, I've never had them aged, but don't think they'd be my favorite even so. I don't think my issue is with strength on this cigar. It is strong; I just didn't care for the way the flavors meshed together.
    I have enjoyed the Celebracion myself.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    I had it about 6 or 7 months ago and didn't care for it. Like you, I too was excited to try it.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Even way back when I was smoking full bodied cigars all the time I still didn't like the Antano. Not much in the flavor department and too much ligero. Completely out of balance, just a punch to the gut.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Even way back when I was smoking full bodied cigars all the time I still didn't like the Antano. Not much in the flavor department and too much ligero. Completely out of balance, just a punch to the gut.
    I'm with 'ya there biggie... One of the few cigars that made me lose it.. I am a little afraid to ever smoke that one again.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    I've only tried the dark antano, just curious which one is stronger?
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    big chunks:
    I've only tried the dark antano, just curious which one is stronger?

Do you mean Dark Corojo? If so, wanna find out? I've got some Anta
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    I don't like them.....they are my almost made me pike cigar. Not a fan at all