Home General Discussion

Viaje 50/50?

I was just wondering if anyone else here has tried this smoke. I posted about it a few days ago after I smoked it, but only had a couple guys reply saying they hadn't tried it. It is the most unique cigar I have ever tried. It has 2 different filler blends inside it. One for the first half, then it switches to the other blend for the 2nd half. It sounded like a gimick to me, but was actually a damn fine smoke with a ton of flavor. Anyone else tried this one and have any thoughts on it? I was very impressed!

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Thanks to another great BOTL (mustluvcigars), I have one of these and can't wait to try it. I don't know how long it will last in my possession before I smoke it, but with your account and what else I've heard, I'm not sure I can hold out much longer.
  • ild give it at least a week to recover from shipping, its a damn fine smoke I hope you enjoy it to the max. I have this ranked as my No. 2 stogie right now, it is far from a gimmick, its a unigue concept, and its delicious start to finish.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, this is one I'm going to have to get more of. STRONG pepper and meaty flavors for the first half, then it changes totally! I had never even heard of the brand when my friend showed up with it.
  • yuppers, this is on my must have a box list. Hope to start seeing them listed here.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    just found out viaje is sold at my b&m, gonna have to stop by on friday and see if they have it.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    ok...so I made the decision to pull the Viaje Fifty/Fifty no. 1 (from mustluvcigars) from the humi today to sacrifice to the smoking spirits. What a decision. It was/is a fantastic smoke.

The construction of this cigar is remarkable with a gorgeous wrapper and perfect triple cap. It has burned somewhat wavy, but always self correcting.

The flavors start out somewhat sweet with some earth and a bit of spice, but remained medium in body for the first third. The spice began to develop as I got more into the first third and balanced well with the sweetness. As it finally began to settle into some great flavor at the beginning of the second third, I noticed a pretty distinct change.

About three puffs into the second third it took on a more savory character, and the spice all but disappeared. The sweetness lingered a bit as this savory character grew. At the end of the second third, the savory character had fully developed. While I didn't initially notice a huge change in body, after a retrohale at the end of the second third, it was obvious that the stick had gained a noticeably stronger body. While the change wasn't too drastic it was a noticeable and very welcome to my palate.

Getting into the final third, the savory flavor was still most prominent with a bit of sweetness remaining. It began to get it a bit of a leathery character to it as I got more into the final third, but still remained mostly savory.

All in all, this was a treat. A definite adventure for the palate and extremely enjoyable. I need to get my hands on a few more of these in the other sizes to try out. I imagine that the longer sticks on this line may be even more enjoyable. Thanks again to Paul (mustluvcigars) for including this in my MAW package.
    I'm glad someone else tried this cigar on here. It was a fantastic smoke and one of the most unique smoking experiences I've ever had!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Um... where can I get them?
    A friend of mine pick up the one I smoked at our local B&M. If you google them and find their website they have a deal where you can find a retailer that carried them near you. Or you might call Ccom and see if they have any that just aren't on the site. They are good about things like that.
    Thanks man, I'll see what I can find out.

Boo. No retailers in Michigan.
  • there is a local B&M here that also sells online, I can PM the name to anyone who would like it
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    dealer by my house carries them, ill go buy one and see how much they are.
    mustluvcigars:
    there is a local B&M here that also sells online, I can PM the name to anyone who would like it
    Sure, PM me. Thanks!