Home Cigar 101

How long has it ever taken USPS to deliver a package for you?

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Going on 13 days now :(
Made the mistake of sending it in my own box standard rate but still had a tracking # added. Cost me about a dollar more than a small flat rate box because of the distance to destination.
It's been all over the place too, it's been to the Memphis Sort Facility, Mobile Sort Facility, Memphis Sort Facility again, Los Angeles Sort Facility, Out for Delivery, back to Los Angeles Sort Facility, and back to Memphis Sort Facility :(

Plus they haven't even scanned it it the last two days :(

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    USPS sent a package From Kentucky to Kansas City which is where I live. Then they sent it to California back to Colorado back to Kentucky and finally back to KC. Took over 2 weeks for what should have been out for deliver on the third day. Only other issue I have had is when I have sent cigars to the troops overseas. They have no way to track once it leaves the US. Had one package take 3 months to get delivered. Other then those couple instances or my mailman being lazy I have had really good experience. It is frustrating waiting on packages though.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Been eight days for my latest order.. It seems it is making a world tour. Florida-New York-Utah-Illinois-and this morning my local P.O. But not out for delivery yet.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    Going on 13 days now :(
    Made the mistake of sending it in my own box standard rate but still had a tracking # added. Cost me about a dollar more than a small flat rate box because of the distance to destination.
    It's been all over the place too, it's been to the Memphis Sort Facility, Mobile Sort Facility, Memphis Sort Facility again, Los Angeles Sort Facility, Out for Delivery, back to Los Angeles Sort Facility, and back to Memphis Sort Facility :(

Plus they haven't even scanned it it the last two days :(

The way people drive around Memphis, it probably fell off a truck. Or it's stuck on a truck waiting for a train to pass through the middle of town.

#thingsonlymemphiansunderstand
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Sounds familiar (all packages make at least two trips to Memphis sort facility). I think your P.O must punch in the scenic route code.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    well thats the thing, standard can take up to 21 days, thats why most choose priority, cost a bit more but at least it moves
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Been eight days for my latest order.. It seems it is making a world tour. Florida-New York-Utah-Illinois-and this morning my local P.O. But not out for delivery yet.
    .. I don't fricken believe it, the box is now in a city 30 miles from my house and "re-processed". I'm going to ask the mailmam' for that five dollar Target gift card back that I gave her for Christmas. Bee-Ah !
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Stogie stand sent me an awesome custom Camacho triple maddy stand... it took about a month and when it came, it looked like it was ran through a meat grinder!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be worse, you could have shipped it UPS, like some parts I'm waiting for.
    2 weeks now and it's been sitting in Illinois for the past 6 days.
    On the tracking it says "Adverse weather conditions."
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    I bet that tries your patience.

Oh, wait...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Martel:
    0patience:
    I bet that tries your patience.

Oh, wait...
    EXACTLY!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    Yikes. I thought it took long enough to get stuff to the middle of the ocean. The longest I have had to wait was about 2 weeks from PA.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    well thats the thing, standard can take up to 21 days, thats why most choose priority, cost a bit more but at least it moves
    The real problem is the PO mis-reads and mis-handles the mail. They didn't send it to Mobile Alabama because it was standard rate. They sent it to Mobile Alabama because they made a mistake. Besides, I've had them do similar things with "priority" shipments. One went to VA and back to Memphis. Then back to VA. It took 9 days.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    With a side trip to North to MD on the 2nd trip.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckrddsmke:
    With a side trip to North to MD on the 2nd trip.
    LOL Yes I forgot about that.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn Bob --- you should have used the pony express, even that have gone faster!!!

Priority mail and first class mail have always worked well for me. Unless there's a major storm that slows down everything, or the mailman skips our house the day it's supposed to be delivered --- never had a problem.
    I've had things show up 1 or 2 days late max, at our current address with USPS.

Fedex smartpost is the absolute worst though --- I've read that when you choose the smartpost service, there's no timeframe for when your goods are delivered. basically they'll send it "as soon as there's room on the truck/train/etc". So somebody sends a bunch of priority boxes and there's no room for your smartpost box, guess what, your smartpost box gets left behind for the next "open spot". Load of BS, I always avoid these services if I can help it.

Any UPS service at our old address was $hit whenever it was snowing because he couldn't fit his truck down our street and had to park at the intersection and hand cart everything...so if there was any snow on the ground at all he wouldn't even slow down and just drive on by. Lame.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Got a similar problem going on right now with my end of a trade with Firetruckguy

Its being sent on a cross country trip on its way in and out of it's final destination somewhere in Colorado
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Got a similar problem going on right now with my end of a trade with Firetruckguy

Its being sent on a cross country trip on its way in and out of it's final destination somewhere in Colorado
    Not worried LT. By the time they get to me, they will be well aged!
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    4 weeks once to send something to Isaac. It traveled all over California then stopped for 2 weeks. Then showed up a day later.
    firetruckguy:
    FireRob:

Not worried LT. By the time they get to me, they will be well aged!
    Well, glad to hear your good with it, but it's got me annoyed and feeling real bad about it. Just hope that tiny Bovida pack isn't a dried up cracker by the time you get them
    It can't be as bad as UPS shipping stuff from PA to Oregon and taking every stop and detour along the way, only to get to our town and be transferred to USPS.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Hi Carl! Thank you for your order. Like Andrew had mentioned to you in reply to your email, your package was on time. I apologize for the confusion regarding shipping/business days. We'd be happy to get you free shipping and cigar samples on your next order with us. Here's a copy of Andy's reply with an explanation of the shipping time: Carl, I do apologize for the trouble. It actually looks like this may just be a misunderstanding on the timing. You placed the order at about 5pm EST on Tuesday the 18th. Our cutoff for same day shipping is 3pm so we shipped the package out on Wednesday. The day the packages goes out does not count as one of the shipping day Thursday would be the first, Friday would have been the 2nd , weekends don’t count and today is the 3rd so everything is on time. I hope this clears things up for you but if you have any questions please contact me directly.

Like seven days once... gawd. So pissed.
    Marker:
    Hi Carl! Thank you for your order. Like Andrew had mentioned to you in reply to your email, your package was on time. I apologize for the confusion regarding shipping/business days. We'd be happy to get you free shipping and cigar samples on your next order with us. Here's a copy of Andy's reply with an explanation of the shipping time: Carl, I do apologize for the trouble. It actually looks like this may just be a misunderstanding on the timing. You placed the order at about 5pm EST on Tuesday the 18th. Our cutoff for same day shipping is 3pm so we shipped the package out on Wednesday. The day the packages goes out does not count as one of the shipping day Thursday would be the first, Friday would have been the 2nd , weekends don’t count and today is the 3rd so everything is on time. I hope this clears things up for you but if you have any questions please contact me directly.

Like seven days once... gawd. So pissed.
    ROFL!
    Maybe Tim should have directed him to this thread.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    6 months for me. I once ordered butane from ci. 2 weeks and no go. Another 2 weeks before they would do anything about it. Finally sent me out a new one. And 6+ months later the original package showed up. Shipped from pa. I'm in nj.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have another 2 day flat rate taking 9 days so far.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a grand-son in Utah. Every single time we send toys to the great-grand-daughter or clothes to the grand-daughter-in-law or cigars to the grand-son or you name it... it always takes a week and a half. Doesn't matter whether we send it directly or have Amazon send it for us or whether we send it UPS, or USPS... a week and a half. Stuff sits in Denver or Salt Lake. I can mail two days to Kali and it gets there two days, two days to Oregon and it gets there two days, two days to Tennessee and it gets there three days, two days anywhere and it arrives between two and three days., Utah, no. No rhyme or reason.

He bought his first house, I wanted to send him a $400 Home Despot card so they could, you know, outfit their new place with garden hoses and shovels and stuff. Got on the horn with the closest Home Despot to them and tried to talk them into taking my debit card over the phone. Would not do it. Could not think their way thru. Had to buy the card here, put it in a box with cigars, scarf and necklace for his woman, snuggly jammies and a noisy toy for his baby. Mailed it priority ................ Two weeks.

The heck is the deal with Utah?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes never shows up has happened to me a few times.
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Well I shipped USPS Priority to Ray just on 02/24/14.
    Shipped to Ohio.
    Its was delivered on 02/26/14!!!

TO FRIGGIN SLEEPY EYE, Minnesota !
    ARGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    curtpick:
    Well I shipped USPS Priority to Ray just on 02/24/14.
    Shipped to Ohio.
    Its was delivered on 02/26/14!!!

TO FRIGGIN SLEEPY EYE, Minnesota !
    ARGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol I knew that would get u fired up.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have a problem with USPS now. Due to all the snow and ice in the recent weeks they stopped delivering to me including all packages. I ordered a bluray from amazon with prime shipping. They tracking said it was delivered on a Tuesday however I didn't receive it until Thursday. Then they left me a note telling me that I had to clear a 30 foot path or them on the street. I told them that clearing the street wasn't my responsibility and that I had cleared a section anyway but due to snow while I was at work that turned to ice before I got home I couldn't clear it. Since then they stopped delivering. Told my wife today that they were being nice delivering but after I left them that note we set up my mail to be held. So, I pay for a service like shipping from amazon or ccom and they don't deliver it because they don't want to get out of their car because if they get hurt the company won't cover it. How is that different than them getting out of the car to deliver a package that is too big for the mailbox? I've filed 2 complaints with them but got no response. Previous complaints haven't gotten any response either.
    Check this one out now