Home Ratings & Reviews

Perdomo Lot 23

No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
I never really post here since I simply do not know enough about cigars, but this stick really impresses me.

So far I'm on my second Lot 23 of the week and I think they should be mentioned more. Lots of people are looking for an affordable everyday stick with good flavors and an enjoyable experience. For my money, this is my new go-to for that category.

Also I'll thank Curt for the first one I had, and the one I'm enjoying right now as I work from home is from the Sign My Disc Pass so I'm not 100% sure on donor. I guess I'll just go through my thoughts:

Look: Not too impressive. Mine are standard robusto sizes, band is relatively bland but the wrappers actually do look pretty nice with minimal veins showing. I really think the look of these is why I and maybe others kind of ignored them. Big mistake.

Burn: Both have burned almost perfectly down the entire length. No issues I can detect.

Draw: Cut both with a standard double guillotine and draw has been outstanding. Tons of beautiful billowing smoke with each puff and comes with ease too. No need to really suck on the thing.

Flavors etc: I'm not gonna go through each third of the stick since I doubt I'd notice real differences due to my limited palate. However, I would describe them as smooth, buttery goodness lol No harsh bite at all, aftertaste is minimal but pleasant. Creamy I guess would be my overall opinion.

Final thoughts: To be honest, I've been leaning heavily towards more full and complex cigars. I smoked my first of these after a Mi Amor because I figured it would be a good 2nd stick if you get what I'm saying. Now, I see these as anytime enjoyment. Drinking coffee? Lot 23. Working outside? Lot 23. Just looking to relax with a cigar and not really intending to focus on it? Lot 23

So I know a lot of you already know about these and I've not heard anything bad. My hope is for those who haven't tried one, they should. Absolutely. And if you're thinking, "Hmm Sam sure likes these, let's BOMB him!!!" well stop. I already ordered some hehe Thanks for reading.

Edit: I want to add that I think the search malfunctioned because my original search for these returned no actual reviews... so I'm sorry it seems I've just posted something very similar to that of more experienced smokers. Still, I've never done a review so it was a fun experience.

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Solid write-up on the lot23 that mirrors my impressions as well. I've had the natural and maduro. Both were silky smooth with good flavors that's neither a special occasion smoke nor a yard gar. Thanks for the review!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good review Sam. Great cigar that I think a lot of folks skip over. The price is very reasonable and they're just an overall, well-made enjoyable cigar IMO.
    Nice write up.

I agree that the Lot 23 can be enjoyed on just about any occasion --- cheap and simple enough for a yardgar, but pleasant and well-constructed that make it a little something more....

I've only had the connecticut wrapper ---never the habano or maduro though.
    Definitely try to keep a few of these in the humi at all times.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Like the concept of this cigar but can't say I'd lean towards it. By no means is it a bad cigar it's just not my cup of tea. As for affordable I agree and think perdomos lines are very well priced especially for what you get. The patriarch use to be a go to but I feel I've just smoked my self out of perdomo for now
    Money can't buy taste
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I actually just got a fiver of these from another site that shall remain unmentioned. Really looking forward to trying them after reading this review.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    I actually just got a fiver of these from another site that shall remain unmentioned. Really looking forward to trying them after reading this review.
    I probably have a similar 5 pack headed my way lol I should mention though, both of the ones I've smoked were from other people/passes so I don't know their age. I do know that they had 2-3 months in my humi though. So I certainly plan to try one of my 5 pack early on, and then progressively as they age.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Perdomo makes some good sticks. They may not be the most complex of profiles, but i enjoy the flavor profile that they do have. (knock on wood) I've never had a poorly constructed stick and can't recall any issues over most of the line. A very underrated and often overlooked manufacturer IMO
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of either wrapper, but it's been a long time since I smoked any. I was fairly new to cigars when I did try these, so I might revisit them. I do like the Perdomo Champagne.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sasquatch:
    Perdomo makes some good sticks. They may not be the most complex of profiles, but i enjoy the flavor profile that they do have. (knock on wood) I've never had a poorly constructed stick and can't recall any issues over most of the line. A very underrated and often overlooked manufacturer IMO
    i don't think it's over looked at all!! Most newbs will buy up perdomo since cost and flavor are very good!! When I first started I smoke a ton of them!! But you get burnt out after a while
    Money can't buy taste
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I haven't smoked a Perdomo since I smoked the Patriarch Maduro which I didn't enjoy. That was the first Perdomo I didn't like. The Lot23 and Habano lines used to be my go to sticks. Perdomo makes some really good stuff. I need to revisit them.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I've had some amazing Perdomo maduros in years past but my recent attempts to "re-capture the magic" have fallen short. I'm not sure if it's the cigar or just me. I'll have to try a Lot23... your description sounds perfect.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to smoke the crap out of the Lot 23. The Lot23 maddy was a bit on the barf side for me though.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I used to smoke the crap out of the Lot 23. The Lot23 maddy was a bit on the barf side for me though.
    Well I hope that's not the case for me, I just got a few of the maduros to try.

Either way, I had another Lot 23 this morning lol I'm about to post about it in GD but it certainly stayed true to my previous 2 experiences.

The one negative thing I have about these is that the band is just impossible to come off without ripping it to shreds..
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, the best thing about the Perdomo Lot 23 is it always burns. Here in a couple months, I'll be back to smoking in the garage on a rainy Dull-Aware summer afternoon. Ordinary cigars will blow up, tunnel, plug... I'll be reaching for the Lot 23. Burns great no matter what.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    danielzreyes:
    Well I hope that's not the case for me, I just got a few of the maduros to try.

Either way, I had another Lot 23 this morning lol I'm about to post about it in GD but it certainly stayed true to my previous 2 experiences.

The one negative thing I have about these is that the band is just impossible to come off without ripping it to shreds..
    Yep its glued on with super glue ! LOL.
    Hint... slide it off over the ash once the ash gets close.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Good Review! I have been through quite a few of these.... they are consistent and economical. Fits my definition of a decent yard-gar. My opinion.
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"