Home Cigar 101

5 vegas limited 2008

This stick seems quite wet, anyone else notice this? Anyone smoke anyone of these and notice a harsh or bitter taste from em?Crappy burn? I got some resting in the humidor from a shipment about 2 weeks ago and wanna give one a try, they just seem really wet....Tried the 2009 a while ago and that was really wet as well...to harsh and burned like pooo...so i went and ordered the 2008's thinking they would already have a year on em.....My humidor used beads and is at a constant 65% , so its not my humidor.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have a box of them and never found them wet. Seems to me they have been over humi-fied. Let them dry out a bit. I like them quite a bit. I didn't like the 07's and I have a couple of 06's which have yet to be burned.
  • That weird non of my other cigars seem to be over humidified, even cigars that came in the same shipment...
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    If they are wet then stop wearing those ass-tight jeans around the house in front of them!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    phobicsquirrel:
    I have a box of them and never found them wet. Seems to me they have been over humi-fied. Let them dry out a bit. I like them quite a bit. I didn't like the 07's and I have a couple of 06's which have yet to be burned.
    When you gonna hook me up with an 06? LOL!
    haha, jozer sent me 2, ask him... lol
    Joe, wanna hook me up? I'm sure I have something that you might want; I hope!
    Lasabar:
    If they are wet then stop wearing those ass-tight jeans around the house in front of them!
    lol.. they could have just been that way where you got them. You might want to let he place know and see if they can send you a new set, or put them in a empty box or something to dry it out
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    haha, jozer sent me 2, ask him... lol
    Well hey, thanks for offering me up buddy. :)

Send me a pm Rich, we can work something out I'm sure.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    My '08's are perfect!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I have not yet tried any of the Limitada line, but I do have an 09 resting in my humi that I believe came from Joe as well. I am REALLY looking forward to trying it, but I am doing very good about giving my cigars enough time to rest lately and I don't wanna blow it. I still haven't tried the Forum blends even... Although their day is coming! I just lit up my first Cabaiguan a week or so ago and I've had them for 2-3 months now. That was a hard smoke to resist!
    PuroFreak:
    I still haven't tried the Forum blends even... Although their day is coming!
    When is that going to be? 2011? Get on that right now! No excuses Mister! :-)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    PuroFreak:
    I'm sorry sir! I will punish myself this afternoon. I've been a bad bad Puro... lol I just like to give my stuff enough time to rest so I can enjoy the flavor as much as I can.
    PuroFreak:
    rwheelwright:
    PuroFreak:
    I'm sorry sir! I will punish myself this afternoon. I've been a bad bad Puro... lol I just like to give my stuff enough time to rest so I can enjoy the flavor as much as I can.
    I know. Just busting balls! I still have stuff that I got at home that I haven't tried yet. I'm bad with peer pressure!
  • PuroFreak:
    I have not yet tried any of the Limitada line, but I do have an 09 resting in my humi that I believe came from Joe as well. I am REALLY looking forward to trying it, but I am doing very good about giving my cigars enough time to rest lately and I don't wanna blow it. I still haven't tried the Forum blends even... Although their day is coming! I just lit up my first Cabaiguan a week or so ago and I've had them for 2-3 months now. That was a hard smoke to resist!
    you cant rush the 09, i tired..i was not as great as i know it could be
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i just smoked an 08 today and it went out several times during the smoke. this leads me to believe that they are a bit wet.

in defense of the cigar, i do smoke very slow but this has never been a problem before.

the cigar was great tasting but they need some time to "dry"
    i feel that this is a prime example of how age will help correct burn issues. the wrapper on this one is a corojo oscuro. this makes for one oily wrapper. a few years of age will make this guy sublime.

needless to say, i took the rest of my stock of the 08s (about 8 of them) and moved them to my aging humidor. in a year or two ill dig em out and see how it goes.

phobicsquirrel:
    You didn't like the 07s? So far, they are the only ones I have liked. I still have to try the 06 that I have.
    meh, maybe I wasn't in the mood that day. I have to probably smoke one of each a day or so apart. I only have a bunch of 08's and 2 06's. I need to pick up a 09 and try but have heard some bad things about it. I think rob had one or maybe it was you...? that was a while ago and I have a memory of a ... oh you know. lol
    phobicsquirrel:
    meh, maybe I wasn't in the mood that day. I have to probably smoke one of each a day or so apart. I only have a bunch of 08's and 2 06's. I need to pick up a 09 and try but have heard some bad things about it. I think rob had one or maybe it was you...? that was a while ago and I have a memory of a ... oh you know. lol
    I didn't like the 09 or 08 but I do think with some age the potential is there. I'm gonna have to pick up a few of each and see how they are.
  • kuzi16:
    i just smoked an 08 today and it went out several times during the smoke. this leads me to believe that they are a bit wet.

in defense of the cigar, i do smoke very slow but this has never been a problem before.

i feel that this is a prime example of how age will help correct burn issues. the wrapper on this one is a corojo oscuro. this makes for one oily wrapper. a few years of age will make this guy sublime.

needless to say, i took the rest of my stock of the 08s (about 8 of them) and moved them to my aging humidor. in a year or two ill dig em out and see how it goes.

Perfect! I had the exact same problems with the 09 , looks like into the hole the 08 and 09's go!!! Also having the same problem with the man o war, i think for the same reason... kuzi...ever have this problem with the man o war?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    jeff_connors:
    kuzi16:

Perfect! I had the exact same problems with the 09 , looks like into the hole the 08 and 09's go!!! Also having the same problem with the man o war, i think for the same reason... kuzi...ever have this problem with the man o war?
    I can't speak for the Limitada, but I have had ZERO problems with MOW. I've had two of the original, and they had excellent construction and the straighest burn of any cigar I've ever smoked. Also had about six Ruinations, same deal. Excellent, slow, razor burn, not to mention they are quite tasty.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    The 08s are bomb! haha workin on buyin a box. I smoked an 07 a couple months ago and it was just okay imo. 06's are coming along good. I never liked the 05 even after 3 years of aging did not suit my tastes. cheers Nick
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried any of these. What year would you guys say is the best year? I love the Cask Strength II and would really like to get the original Cask Strength and try a few different years of Limiteds.
    nickgonzo:
    The 08s are bomb! haha workin on buyin a box. I smoked an 07 a couple months ago and it was just okay imo. 06's are coming along good. I never liked the 05 even after 3 years of aging did not suit my tastes. cheers Nick
    There is an 05? Man, where do I get these?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    kuzi16:

the MoWs that i have are sitting in the humidor. i have head them for a while but have yet to smoke one.
  • ViseronViseron Posts: 35
    I've never tried any of the limitada, but really want too. However i've had many MOW's and I really enjoy those. Right now I have a few that i'm trying to age and just got in a few ruinations. I'm gonna try one of those just because I can't wait but then age the rest.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Posts: 146
    rwheelwright:
    nickgonzo:
    There is an 05? Man, where do I get these?
    I traded my last one to leo, but some of the FOGs prolly have some. They are the original and do not have a 2nd band. Many people raved about them, instead I rave about the 06s and 08s