Home Ratings & Reviews

Cu-Avana Punisher

Thoughts, Rating, Reviews... any one got one on this cigar?
Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.

Comments

• honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Had one of the shorties about a month ago, the tastes from the tip are kind of like the effect you get from a nine volt battery to the lips/tongue mixed with hot wing sauce, after that clears up the cigar itself isn't bad just a little basic, and doesn't change to the end, of course the flavored tip intensity most likely was the result of the end flavored being basic/bland as I noticed, wouldn't mind trying one without the "flavor" just to see what it was really like though
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    Had one of the shorties about a month ago, the tastes from the tip are kind of like the effect you get from a nine volt battery to the lips/tongue mixed with hot wing sauce, after that clears up the cigar itself isn't bad just a little basic, and doesn't change to the end, of course the flavored tip intensity most likely was the result of the end flavored being basic/bland as I noticed, wouldn't mind trying one without the "flavor" just to see what it was really like though
    Agreed. I didn't make it 1/4 inch till I snuffed it out! Too habanero hot to me. It's like someone said " Hey, don't to forget to dip them in Ghost pepper juice before you ship it out!"
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    honorknight7:
    Agreed. I didn't make it 1/4 inch till I snuffed it out! Too habanero hot to me. It's like someone said " Hey, don't to forget to dip them in Ghost pepper juice before you ship it out!"
    I think they do coat the cap with capsaicin. You could probably wipe it off with a damp paper towel. I had a few of the shorties that were ok. Actually not too strong after the initial spice. Enjoyable, but I'd only buy em on sale. There's a few threads about em floating around
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I got a bunch of these a la Darktower. The trick is to cut them, flick the tip with your fingernail until you can take the cap all the way off, then it's a hell of a smoke!
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    So is the entire cigar infused or just the cap dipped?
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Just the cap
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I'm a little scared of this one now. I've got one resting, so I might just sit on it for a while.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love them. Once you get past the burn on the lips they are great especially with a little time on them. The burning sensation doesn't last that long. But it doesn't go away with age.
  • jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I got a bundle and agree with you. Decent smoke once you get past the blast of pepper to start. Problem is most people won't give it a shot and spit it right out no matter how many times you tell them to get through that initial blast and it will settle down into a decent smoke. I got mine dirt cheap and will use them when doing some yard work.