Home General Discussion

Curious.. what are some of your greatest deals ever when buying a cigar[s]!

Hi everyone,
I was curious what was your best deal on a cigar or cigars or box of cigars.
You know.. did you get a case of OpusX Robustos for .12 cents each?

So far my best buy to date is 30 Gurka Centurians for 4.60 each.

Please share your awesome bounties!

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I took advantage of that same deal. I seem to get some pretty great deals by calling in my orders now and talking with Jeff.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure which would be my best score, but the two following made me pretty happy:

20ct humidor + 10 sticks (including a CAO Black, Graycliff 1666, and others) - $25 to my door.

20 5 Vegas Classic Double Corona - $35 to my door.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    150ct humidor for $34.99
    20ct humidor with 8 cigars $15
    5ct Herfador, cigar cutter, torch lighter, 5 Gurkha sampler for $35
    16 Gurkha's with a retail value of $200 for $42.45
  • 25 Padilla Singature 1932 Robusto $3.69 each, shipped :)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rad1964:
    Hi everyone,
    I was curious what was your best deal on a cigar or cigars or box of cigars.
    You know.. did you get a case of OpusX Robustos for .12 cents each?

So far my best buy to date is 30 Gurka Centurians for 4.60 each.

Please share your awesome bounties!

holly crap, when was this!!!!!! Wish I would have known about t.... shucks... My best deal would probably be on a box of gurkha beautys for 225. And possibly my fuente forbidden X box of 4, I think it was 60 bucks or something. I'm really hoping to find a good deal on the cao tony soprano humidor w/ cigars.... sadly 800bucks is still too much.... sigh...
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    10 RP Sungrown
    10 RP Vintage 90's
    10 RP Vintage 92's
    10 RP Decades

all for $189

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    recently i got a xikar Xi2, 1 601 oscuro, 1 perdomo habano corojo, 1 DPG CC, 1 camacho corojo, free shipping for $35.
  • A nice juicy 'gina for a sushi dinner. Not a cigar, but much better!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Joey Petersen:
    A nice juicy 'gina for a sushi dinner. Not a cigar, but much better!
    According to Kuzi it's 'Giner....
    Greatest Deal I EVER got was half a box of Montecristo Les Cigare Des Artes with the BOX.

I got these a little under a year ago and they've been discontinued over 6 years ago...
    AND I got them for free!

When BUYING and actually using my OWN money I'd say the best deal was either the Padilla Mega sampler from C.COM or I got a box of Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo for around $75...
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've got some awesome deals in the last year or two, but I think the 10 or so smokes I got at the Ashton event I went to for about $24 was a great deal! The Opus X for $12 was a pretty good deal too. That is the price anytime they are in stock at my B&M though. $12-$18.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Either 10 Decade torpedos for like $40 or a full box of 5 Vegas Cask Strength II (in the box) and 8 Padilla 68 Salomons for $100.
  • rad1964rad1964 Posts: 190 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    [ I'm really hoping to find a good deal on the cao tony soprano humidor w/ cigars.... sadly 800 bucks is still too much.... sigh...
    What about an empty one and just buy the sticks and put them in? Much cheaper that way.

Tell ya what. I'll find one, fill it with 20 sticks and ship it to you for half of that. :)

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    10ct box of Black Dragon Tubos (beautiful box included) w/ free 5pk Gurkha Tin - $35 to my door.... SCHWEET
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten in a lot of deals lately, but I think the best for sheer savings was a 5 count herfador, 5 Monticristo Media Noches and a butane lighter for $39.95 to my door. I actually grabbed it because I love the Monticristos and they go anywhere from $8 to $12 a stick.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    MBIII robusto - Box for $100 Liberty 04 and 05 - Out the door for $13 in 2009
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Everything Ive gotten from CCOM has been a great deal!
    Fourtotheflush:
    Everything Ive gotten from CCOM has been a great deal!
    Agreed!
  • smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    YankeeMan:
    I've gotten in a lot of deals lately, but I think the best for sheer savings was a 5 count herfador, 5 Monticristo Media Noches and a butane lighter for $39.95 to my door. I actually grabbed it because I love the Monticristos and they go anywhere from $8 to $12 a stick.
    I grabbed a similar deal, except that Gurkah Titan II's replaced the monticristo's
  • I just scored on a 20ct sampler of Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet for 34.00 bucks, contains 5each of the following: Robusto, Magnum, No.2 Torpedo & Churchill sizes.
    AQUADGIO1200:
    I just scored on a 20ct sampler of Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet for 34.00 bucks, contains 5each of the following: Robusto, Magnum, No.2 Torpedo & Churchill sizes.
    Wow! Nicely done.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    my best score ever was 2 boxes of el cobre churchills for 40 bucks a peice from cigar.com. fantastic cigar, they were a bit too strong for most folk I guess and they didnt sell well. so cigar.com dumped their stock. I should have bought more when I had the chance. the box first sold for 140 I believe.
    I need a bigger humi before I start to take on deals like that.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    AQUADGIO1200:
    I just scored on a 20ct sampler of Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet for 34.00 bucks, contains 5each of the following: Robusto, Magnum, No.2 Torpedo & Churchill sizes.
    Great stick.
    I remember once that I got a really great deal on some Padillas once thru Ccom. It was like 2 miamis obsidians achillies habano and seires 68 for insanely cheap. It was offered after i checked out....I dont recall telling my wife that i added that to my order. Anyway Ccom usually has really great deals like that after you check out.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Well, last night I got the best deal I've ever recieved on cigars. A box of Decade toros plus 8 CAO Sopranos Boss's for $128 to my door. I am really glad I ordered them last night, because when I woke up this morning, my TV had quit working. Had a buddy come look at it, and it has totally **** the bed. I now have to buy a new TV, so won't be purchasing any more cigars for a while.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Well, last night I got the best deal I've ever recieved on cigars. A box of Decade toros plus 8 CAO Sopranos Boss's for $128 to my door. I am really glad I ordered them last night, because when I woke up this morning, my TV had quit working. Had a buddy come look at it, and it has totally **** the bed. I now have to buy a new TV, so won't be purchasing any more cigars for a while.
    if i was closer i would just give you one of the extras i have in my house. I have no idea how i got 4 TVs. there are only 2 of us living here and neither of us watch all that much TV.
    alienmisprint:
    Alien, PM sent
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    One great deal I and a bunch of others got in on was the July 4th blitz:

as I remember it...
    3 gurkha centurians
    3 mow ruination
    3 oliva conn.
    3 rp decades

All 12 sticks for $50 and $10 of that was a straight up donation to the Rangers so really 12 sticks for $40 which is $3.33/each. Pretty sweet deal.
  • Lol I know Hays got a pretty good deal lately