Home Ratings & Reviews

5 Vegas Miami knuckle

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
I snagged this lil gem from Rain's Pros v Joes. It's an odd size they call "Knuckle", being 4 1/2" by 60 gauge.
You gotta like that band. Ornate. And the foot band same way. Gold goes well with the ultra dark corojo wrapper. The wrapper is fine grained, delicate, had a couple splits in it. Might have been beat up by too much time shipping round the country in this pass. Which does not explain the hole in the foot of it: Firm throughout.

The wrap had a bread and earth odor. The foot added slight pepper. Tasted like the Russian bagels I get down the street. Uncapped easily. Free draw unlit added earth and spice to the mix.. Tasty.

Tough to light. Took three matches and had to set a while. Tons of volume. Tons of flavor. Black bread, earth, and spice. The aroma filled the garage. It was a spready smoke, meaning it dispersed wide soo as it came out. I got a dry spicy retro, and a medium finish. Once it smoothed down and burnt in, there was smoky molasses ... not sweet. Generally, it seemed to give the same impression as a Black market, but with less spice. I like the BM better. This is very smooth, but not so flavorful as the other.

It lasted an hour and a half despite it's short length. It could have lasted longer, but I got busy fighting the squirrel war and let it set too long.

I got zero stinkfinger. This may be from washing my hands after handling squirrel repellant. Not much morning mouth to speak of. A dry wheeze.

I rate this 3 stars out of five.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review-enjoyed it. I'm also a fan of the Black market, but may give this shot to contrast and compare.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Nice cigar, nice review, and nice looking Ulu.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Not a huge fan of the 5V line, but I like the Miami Knuckle. Not so much the other vitolas, but the Knuckle is OK in my book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miamis are some of my favorites!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Miamis are some of my favorites!
    +1
  • VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Knuckle is DPG. I had one that was a little green I didnt care for.... But I had one with a little rest on it and man it was WAY better. Thanks for sharing!
  • Love everything 5 Vegas and Miami is one of the best!!!
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I snagged this lil gem from Rain's Pros v Joes. It's an odd size they call "Knuckle", being 4 1/2" by 60 gauge.
    You gotta like that band. Ornate. And the foot band same way. Gold goes well with the ultra dark corojo wrapper. The wrapper is fine grained, delicate, had a couple splits in it. Might have been beat up by too much time shipping round the country in this pass. Which does not explain the hole in the foot of it: Firm throughout.

The wrap had a bread and earth odor. The foot added slight pepper. Tasted like the Russian bagels I get down the street. Uncapped easily. Free draw unlit added earth and spice to the mix.. Tasty.

Tough to light. Took three matches and had to set a while. Tons of volume. Tons of flavor. Black bread, earth, and spice. The aroma filled the garage. It was a spready smoke, meaning it dispersed wide soo as it came out. I got a dry spicy retro, and a medium finish. Once it smoothed down and burnt in, there was smoky molasses ... not sweet. Generally, it seemed to give the same impression as a Black market, but with less spice. I like the BM better. This is very smooth, but not so flavorful as the other.

It lasted an hour and a half despite it's short length. It could have lasted longer, but I got busy fighting the squirrel war and let it set too long.

I got zero stinkfinger. This may be from washing my hands after handling squirrel repellant. Not much morning mouth to speak of. A dry wheeze.

I rate this 3 stars out of five.

I have been searching every site online for this stick, I think It may be too late.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Love these. Only got 3 left and I'm definitely letting them sit a while. I don't know what I'll do with just one left when the time comes :'(
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Love these. Only got 3 left and I'm definitely letting them sit a while. I don't know what I'll do with just one left when the time comes :'(
    You will smoke it and enjoy every second!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America