Home General Discussion
Options

How do you keep track of your sticks?

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
Just curious how people keep track of what they have, when they got it and how long it's been resting. Journal? Apps? What method do you use? Or don't you bother?
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I have certin boxes i keep my more aging ones in. Then i stick a band with the month and year i got them just so i know. Sorry for the huge pict. i still dont know how to resize

Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Before I joined this damn forum I use to do it in my head. Now my cooler is in desperate need of organization
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put htf and rare in trays and carefully pile the rest in the humidir. Kind of fun to discover things you forgot you had.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I pretty much remember what I bought and what I've received. I just group them in boxes and that's about as much work as I want to put in. I like the labeling but I'm too lazy to do it on every cigar.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a aging cooler for long term a short ten cooler and a normal cooler. I keep isom's and rare htf sticks in the wine fridges and label the dates received. I forget over half the stuff I have but know I probably do have it somewhere
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started labeling them with the date as well. I just couldn't keep track in my head anymore.
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    i dont,
    i buy, i smoke, i bomb,i trade, i buy more, i smoke more, i bomb more, i trade more, rinse an repeat
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Easy. I don't. At all.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Google spreadsheet. I was really bored.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I don't either.. I pretty much remember what I have, when I got it, and where or from whom I got it. I don't need to complicate things.
  • Options
    11rocket1111rocket11 Posts: 138
    I use the app Cigar Boss, it's pretty cool. It has a virtual humidor to keep track of your cigars as well as a journal. It also allows you to look for BandMs and has some news on the cigar industry.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    11rocket11:
    I use the app Cigar Boss, it's pretty cool. It has a virtual humidor to keep track of your cigars as well as a journal. It also allows you to look for BandMs and has some news on the cigar industry.
    Nice idea about the app. Wish I knew the thousands of stogies I've smoked!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    date cigars as they enter the humidor.
    as for what i have...
    steel trap mind.
  • Options
    perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    If I need to know I check to see if I posted a pic in the "What did you get today" or bombs thread.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I smoke then and go "I forgot I had one of these.."
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    Just curious how people keep track of what they have, when they got it and how long it's been resting. Journal? Apps? What method do you use? Or don't you bother?
    How do I keep track?
    I go open the door to the humi and look. If it ain't there, I don't got it.
    When they got it and how long it's been resting?
    If it's under a ton of cigars, it's probably been resting quite some time. LOL!

Really though, I've found cigars buried I didn't remember having. That's sometimes half the fun.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    BPGuyBPGuy Posts: 7
    Other than memory (which isn't great!), I don't keep track. And sad to say, the ones in there the longest are probably the worst smokes - simply because I don't want to smoke them! I have been known to hand out a few of them to "moochers", and they have always been complimented as "pretty good", so perhaps I've been overly critical of them. Or perhaps they just aren't my cup o' tea! I haven't picked up anything special or rare enough to deserve long term aging, and honestly I don't know if my palate is developed enough to enjoy a "well-aged" vs. "just received" cigar.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Easy. I don't. At all.
    ^^^ This.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    I don't bother keeping track. My humidor is basically a serving humidor, much like you'll see at a BnM. Long shelves in a cabinet behind a sliding glass door. So I see all mine at once. Usually I buy boxes at a time, with my singles (mostly thanks to BOTLs here) in a few trays. Unless I have a hankering for a specific one of mine, I'll just reach into one of the singles tray and grab whatever comes out.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    ejgorman:
    I don't bother keeping track. My humidor is basically a serving humidor, much like you'll see at a BnM. Long shelves in a cabinet behind a sliding glass door. So I see all mine at once. Usually I buy boxes at a time, with my singles (mostly thanks to BOTLs here) in a few trays. Unless I have a hankering for a specific one of mine, I'll just reach into one of the singles tray and grab whatever comes out.
    Stogie Roullette! You can hurt yourself playin' like that, Walt!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a spreadsheet system,..........yet. LOL
    I just use stickers. I either use adhesive address labels off a printer or just jot 'em down by hand usually.
    I leave the cello on and put the stickers on the backside on the cello.
    Sticks without cello I sometimes put a sticker on the box. Or they just don't get dated.

I have a few cigars that I have never bothered to "tag". But somewhere around here I have a stack of
    packing slips from ccom and others. So if I ever get really bored I'll bust out the invoices and some
    labels. Some B&M purchases I never dated so I just have to guess on those.

I like to have the date I got it on a little sticker. If I got it in a pass I'll put the name of the pass and the date I got it on the sticker. For bombed or traded sticks I put who it came from and the date I got it.

At one point I decided to create labels for my some incoming purchases on a printer. I'ts kinda crazy but I put as much info as I can on one single line of adhesive address label. Then I'd cut each line of the label out with scissors. I'd put the cigar name and a code for who I bought it from combined with the PO# the date, vitola dimensions and type of wrapper. Some of you may have gotten some of these cigars and thought,......"This guy's nuts". Yes, it's quite possible that I am.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    The ones I buy, are given a month/year sticker. Keeping my bomb/trade sticks organized is a losing battle.