Home General Discussion
Options

Chilly weathers comin

So its about 55 degrees here in Cape Cod. Not absurdly cold mind you, but its definitely getting there. My question to you all is when its too cold to smoke outside where do you go to enjoy a cigar? My humis too full and my checking account is too empty to justify going to my B&M every time I want to light one up, and my wife will kill me if I smoke in the house.

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might try my garage. See if the wife will give me permission. I think I am about to get laid off so my stash has to last me. I may lose my house and everything I own but I guess at least I have a good cigar stash.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Nothing like a sun porch that is completely closed off, except for a ventilation fan. I smoke there in cold, rain, and occasionally on warm nights when I want to play cards with friends.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Two words: MAN CAVE

I am turning my outdoor shed into a smoking shed. A little insulation and a semi-powerful electric heater will get it warm enough to not freeze my balls off in the Michigan winter. And if I get a nice table and some lighting, poker nights are definitely in the works!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm a realy man by god! I sit outside in the middle of a blizzard in nothing but my boxers to enjoy my cigars! I'm HARD CORE!!!!

Ok... Now honestly I'm a total pansy... I live in TX so it isn't freezing cold all that often, but when it is I either sit at my buddies place next to a fire, or go to the B&M.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    PuroFreak:
    I'm a realy man by god! I sit outside in the middle of a blizzard in nothing but my boxers to enjoy my cigars! I'm HARD CORE!!!!

Ok... Now honestly I'm a total pansy... I live in TX so it isn't freezing cold all that often, but when it is I either sit at my buddies place next to a fire, or go to the B&M.
    I really miss Texas.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    smbrink:
    PuroFreak:

I really miss Texas.
    My wife's mother lives up in Maine and keeps trying to talk us into moving up there... NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!!!! lol Damn hippies don't have any sense living up there in the crap all winter long. haha
  • Options
    NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Thankfully, i have an awesome cigar bar about 4 blocks away.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    The closest cigar bar is about 45 min away for me, and I'm not gonna light up a cigar at my B&M that I didn't buy there. Also the spell-check didn't put a wavy red line under "gonna". Is "gonna" a word now?
  • Options
    It is never too cold for me to smoke a cigar, I'm from up north where it is usually below zero a couple days out of the year, but since I moved to portland, I think the climate is more temperate and I shouldn't have any probelms smoking this winter.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Really boys! We must adjust that's all! Today in Minneapolis 47 degrees but I'm holding an Alec Bradley Tempus. Yumm.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Geez, for a second I thought that was the Cookie Monster with a stogie.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I might try my garage. See if the wife will give me permission. I think I am about to get laid off so my stash has to last me. I may lose my house and everything I own but I guess at least I have a good cigar stash.
    I am so sorry to hear this... I wish you all the best and hope that you don't lose your house and can enjoy many more fine cigars
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    Geez, for a second I thought that was the Cookie Monster with a stogie.
    Isn't there a Cigar-Monster???? OM NOM NOM!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    TatuajeVI:
    Two words: MAN CAVE

I am turning my outdoor shed into a smoking shed. A little insulation and a semi-powerful electric heater will get it warm enough to not freeze my balls off in the Michigan winter. And if I get a nice table and some lighting, poker nights are definitely in the works!

Man Cave's are the way to go ...mines in my basement but most times I smoke outside. Hey Tat you'll have to give us some pictures when its done .
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Hey Marc, I'm sitting out down in Austin tonight enjoying an rp edge, its like 50 and raining. I actually enjoy sitting on the porch watching the pond fill up and the geese honk about. You gotta like seasons changing to live in MN.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Unless it actually rains here it rarely gets cold enough to prohibit smoking. The season change will actually mean I can enjoy a cigar in the middle of the day for once. All summer long it's mostly been only in the mornings.
  • Options
    Russ55:
    Unless it actually rains here it rarely gets cold enough to prohibit smoking. The season change will actually mean I can enjoy a cigar in the middle of the day for once. All summer long it's mostly been only in the mornings.
    What is this "Morning" you speak of????

I gotta stop working RETAIL!!!
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Lasabar:
    Russ55:
    What is this "Morning" you speak of????

I gotta stop working RETAIL!!!
    Me too. I'll probably be stuck in it for the rest of my life. It's the only job I know!
    To answer the question, I just smoke inside no matter what really. I'm planning on moving out of mom's and getting my own house by the end of next summer, and I'll build a man cave if that happens. Then I'll smoke in there, lol.
  • Options
    Chilly weather is here... man that was a cold motorcycle ride into work!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i guess in the winter my attic is a man cave. but this time of year around the fire is where you will find me enjoying a cigar. i also go to the B&M when its very cold. i really want a 3 seasons room with a fire place... that would be sweet.
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Now..I'll smoke on the patio in front of the chimnea....Nothing better then that. Once it gets real cold...I'll go in the garage and smoke in there with the heater on.....
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i guess in the winter my attic is a man cave. but this time of year around the fire is where you will find me enjoying a cigar. i also go to the B&M when its very cold. i really want a 3 seasons room with a fire place... that would be sweet.

Hmmm...I wonder how well my living room fireplace would draft the smoke? Only one way to find out! (she's already expecting me to try, so might as well) I nice birch wood fire with Balvenie on the rocks, oh yeah.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkH:
    kuzi16:

Hmmm...I wonder how well my living room fireplace would draft the smoke? Only one way to find out! (she's already expecting me to try, so might as well) I nice birch wood fire with Balvenie on the rocks, oh yeah.
    That sounds like a nice idea!
  • Options
    A Three seasons room to smoke in would be divine!!! (To be read a little like ***-eye)

I'm working on a Man-cave thingy right NOW!!!
  • Options
    MarkH:
    kuzi16:

Well, this didn't work so well. I had to get a little too close to the fire to get a puff up the chimney. Singeing my eyebrows for 1.5 hours just aint gonna work. Plan B my insulated, heated garage!
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    Houston's weather today is 84 with a heat index (yup, heat index in October) of 92. The humidity outside is 74%. I just took a five minute walk to the back of my warehouse and back to my office and broke a sweat. Sometimes I miss the north and not having 4 seasons. Then I remember about the snow and don't mind the heat so much. Bottom line- it's miserably HOT here today!
  • Options
    tony ctony c Posts: 16
    Here is my solution......no matter how cold it is....pool water is going to feel colder
    ......Im going to go outside
    ......Spark up
    ....complain about how cold it is
    .....sit down and put my legs in the pool and say....man its not too bad after all
  • Options
    manjimanji Posts: 28
    Heat index yesterday of 102 degrees. 80% humidity. I am more than ready for the cold that is on the way. Tired of being sticky.
  • Options
    Minneapolis forecast:
    Friday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Russ55:
    What is this "Morning" you speak of???
    Ya know, this is gonna be me shortly. I just accepted a job as a part-time bouncer... 8pm-2am Thurs/Fri/Saturday nights... And in a couple weeks, I have a class on Saturday, which means I'll be working Friday night 8-2am, going to class Saturday at 8am till noon, and then working Saturday night 8pm-2am... Yeah, I see cocaine in my future lol

(j/k of course)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨