Home Ratings & Reviews

Casa Magna Dominican, Habano

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bought a 5 pack for $19.99 and they arrived 2 days ago. 4 went into my recently repaired aging box. The one I am smoking had a perfect and easy light with lots of smoke. The draw is perfect, used a bullet punch. It stays lit with a perfect burn. It is not too much above mild but when you draw you get a fullness that is very satisfying and pleasing. It has, for lack of better words, a very creamy and smooth taste.

I bought them because it was all I could afford but they turned out to be a real treat, and I will consider buying them in the future

Comments

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you like them...it's always a bonus to be please tilt surprised and for that price it's a winner!
    Money can't buy taste
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    jd50ae:
    I bought a 5 pack for $19.99 and they arrived 2 days ago. 4 went into my recently repaired aging box. The one I am smoking had a perfect and easy light with lots of smoke. The draw is perfect, used a bullet punch. It stays lit with a perfect burn. It is not too much above mild but when you draw you get a fullness that is very satisfying and pleasing. It has, for lack of better words, a very creamy and smooth taste.

I bought them because it was all I could afford but they turned out to be a real treat, and I will consider buying them in the future
    If you find the Colorado Oscuro at a good price, give them a try. I love those dark oily wrappers. Just make sure not to have an empty stomach, they have a little kick to them.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I was very impressed with the one I got from Mike
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    These are good and like Curt said the Oscuro is also tasty and you can usually (with a little work) find some for $3-4. Have you tried the Oscuro? There are a lot of really good cigars in that price range (that is what you can buy them for not msrp) and quite few less than impressive ones in the $8 and up range.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckrddsmke:
    These are good and like Curt said the Oscuro is also tasty and you can usually (with a little work) find some for $3-4. Have you tried the Oscuro? There are a lot of really good cigars in that price range (that is what you can buy them for not msrp) and quite few less than impressive ones in the $8 and up range.

I think next month I will e-mail KD with a large custom sampler of all the ones I want to try instead of my normal 5 Vegas order. It is time to get serious.....and try a bunch of different recommended cigars. It will be a hard task but I know I can do it. Wish me luck....
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Uh oh :)
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    jd50ae:
    ckrddsmke:

I think next month I will e-mail KD with a large custom sampler of all the ones I want to try instead of my normal 5 Vegas order. It is time to get serious.....and try a bunch of different recommended cigars. It will be a hard task but I know I can do it. Wish me luck....

Definitely expand your horizons beyond just 5 Vegas. Not that there aren't several Vegas blends that aren't good smokes and even better than their price would hint at, but explore new blends always. I smoke about 50 50, reliable smokes I know I like versus untried new blends. You'll find many gems out there at all price platforms. Ccom is great for custom samplers to expand your horizons, just hail the beard.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blurr:
    Definitely expand your horizons beyond just 5 Vegas. Not that there aren't several Vegas blends that aren't good smokes and even better than their price would hint at, but explore new blends always. I smoke about 50 50, reliable smokes I know I like versus untried new blends. You'll find many gems out there at all price platforms. Ccom is great for custom samplers to expand your horizons, just hail the beard.

besides from being a very good point (noobs listen up) that is what I do and it has been a very good system. And if you add in the very generous "bombs" of the forum members it is a great system.

The only difference this time is I am going to splurge and spend my entire budget on a big sampler, all toro sizes because I think toros will give me a better sense overall of a brands character.

I just thought I would throw this in.image