Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Java Mint by Drew Estate 6X50 Toro Box Pressed.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Up front, I do no like infused cigars. But this one is a total surprise.....unmistakable "java", but it also comes across with some serious cigar flavors. Lots of smoke, great draw and it burns well. I am totally flummoxed...and I am going to look for them in the future.

Comments

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy them on occasion as well. Good morning smokes.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about giving this one a try and now I definitely will.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    I've only tried a few infused smokes (kuba kuba, blondie, etc.) and didn't like those but might try coffee or mint infused at some point. I saw some Makers Mark bourbon infused and they also have me curious.

I'm kinda surprised at how MUCH I enjoy the Spectre and KFC and though they're not "infused" I kinda group them together in my reptile brain. You might like some of the pipe tobacco smokes... Sam Lecceia Black is a nice smoke in my book.
  • Options
    ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Strangely enough, I tried a DE Java today. Not a huge fan of infused smokes either, but I love coffee and chocolate. Unlike the Acid line, you actually get the tobacco flavor from the Java. Not something I'd smoke regularly, but it was alright.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    I've only tried a few infused smokes (kuba kuba, blondie, etc.) and didn't like those but might try coffee or mint infused at some point. I saw some Makers Mark bourbon infused and they also have me curious.

I'm kinda surprised at how MUCH I enjoy the Spectre and KFC and though they're not "infused" I kinda group them together in my reptile brain. You might like some of the pipe tobacco smokes... Sam Lecceia Black is a nice smoke in my book.
    The makers mark are pretty good, but kinda expensive. They do taste like bourbon before lighting, but then just a little sweet after lit. I do like the java and other coffee cigars occasionally.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1 java mint I smoked reminded me of mint chocolate chip ice cream....that was a couple summers ago....thanks for sparking my memory, JD.
    I'll have to pick up another one of these soon, loved the box press on it....and the flavors were a nice change of pace.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:

I like the makers mark cigars, I've had the regular (comes in the red wax tubes) and I've had the 10th Anniv. cigars (they come in silver wax tubes). Both are good, 10th is the best.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I really like the regular Java cigars. I've always made sure that I had at least 1-2 in my humi for infused sticks. (Humi is only for coffee infused. Won't even try the other types). Now, back in January 2011, I got a Mint Java from my CCOM Secret Santa. I had that puppy sitting for 11 months, and in December of 2011 I lite it up. Now, my notes really suck for that stick. Here is a direct quote from my notes: "DECENT. LOTS OF MINT ON THE PRE LIGHT DRAW AND SMELL. NOT AS GOOD AS A REGULAR JAVA." I do have it marked down as a try again cigar, so after seeing your post I added this to my get another list to try.

Glad you liked it. Java is one of my favs for early morning smoke with a coffee or end of evening smoke with a coffee.
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    JD, I picked up a Java Mint at my local and had it with my coffee this morning. I thought it was much better than the other two DE infused I mentioned earlier. Very mild with a hint of mint, sweet fast to the lips... the java flavor didn't translate or was over powered by my coffee. The smoke smelled great but the retrohale was a bit much. There wasn't much body at first but that increased in the last third. Nice draw throughout and only minor burn issues that self corrected. Developed a hot split in the last 2 inches that made nubbing it a challenge. All in all, a nice time-to-time smoke. Thanks for the post on this one!
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PAtoNH:
    JD, I picked up a Java Mint at my local and had it with my coffee this morning. I thought it was much better than the other two DE infused I mentioned earlier. Very mild with a hint of mint, sweet fast to the lips... the java flavor didn't translate or was over powered by my coffee. The smoke smelled great but the retrohale was a bit much. There wasn't much body at first but that increased in the last third. Nice draw throughout and only minor burn issues that self corrected. Developed a hot split in the last 2 inches that made nubbing it a challenge. All in all, a nice time-to-time smoke. Thanks for the post on this one!

I am planning to pick up a couple next month and see if they are as enjoyable as the one I already smoked. Like you said not an everyday smoke but once in awhile I think it makes for a good change up. Maybe I'll have it with my morning coffee and see if it affects the flavor.