Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

There is nothing like being bombed by JD himself.

A few weeks ago Jonathan Drew contacted me on Facebook talking about a small Kentucky Cigar group I admin. Seems like a pretty cool dude, we actually talked for a while over several days. He ended up bombing me with a shirt, 10 pack of Fat Molly, a few KFC cutters, and a Fly Pig Undercrown. I'm not a Drew Estates fan boy, but that is petty awesome. I certainty now a fan. photo 20140325_161818_zpsvrwwv9dw.jpg

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!!!!! (On many levels)
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is really cool!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, that's totally awesome!!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • gio164gio164 Posts: 180
    That's awesome!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD is an amazing guy. He has sent me hats and MUWAT back before they were released. His entire company is full of amazing people. Very nice!
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    So cool , Congrats what a haul.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    At first I thought for sure I was talking to someone in the Drew Estates office or something. I think it was the third day that I finally realized it was JD himself. I'm kind of star struck, never thought a person of his stature would take the time out of his busy schedule to chat with me and send me some pretty cool swag. I reached out to him today making sure he didn't have any certain intentions with what he sent. I want to make sure his wishes are followed. I know I have a few ideas of what to do with some of the stuff if given free rein.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    That cutter is pretty damn cool.
    perkinke:
    That cutter is pretty damn cool.
    I agree, here is a better picture. The cutter is nice, I've never owned on like that. I have also never seen the Undercrown in the flying pig vitola. photo 20140325_220201_zpshb80kp0t.jpg
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is just too cool!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice score on the pig
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Hold crap dude! Those UC pigs are rarer than rare! I'm still schmoozing up to a DE rep down here to let loose with one!
  • thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    Very cool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That's one reason I love this hobby. Congrats on the awesome hit.
    Jetmech_63:
    Hold crap dude! Those UC pigs are rarer than rare! I'm still schmoozing up to a DE rep down here to let loose with one!
    From what I read only 205 boxes of 12 were made and all but 10 boxes were shipped to Holland. The 10 boxes that remained were kept by JD. So this is 1 of 120, wow I don't even know what to say.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    That's pretty damn cool! I think I speak for everyone when I say feel free to give JD your Ccom forum addy list!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    He always seems like a stand up dude. I hear stories like this all the time. Lookin good Curtis.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I have never even heard of a UC Pig. Great company and great cigars in my opinion. Class act.
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    Thats got to make you feel pretty good Curtis, awesome hit indeed!! Enjoy bro!
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Very nice.