Home General Discussion

Cigar/Pipe crossover

ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
I noticed several members that post regularly in the cigar forum also post in the pipe forum. My grandfather and my father both smoked pipes and there's a bit of nostalgia in that smell. I'd like to get into pipe smoking, but have no idea where to start. Any recommendations?
East Side 2015
KLMOW Badge 8/2014
Team Trident 2014

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Kinda in the same boat and interested in the pipe, but I would ask in the pipe forum since that is where most of the pipe people will be.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the threads on the pipe forum, several deal with your questions already.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    come on and hang out in the pipe section with us bro! we need more Pipers!

Aj
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pipes are great. I say start off with a corncob pipe, a tool, pipe cleaners, and filters. My local does a package like this with an ounce or 2 of pipe tobacco for around $11. If you don't like it nothing really lost. Most places with a good pipe selection will let you sample a bowl if you take your pipe in. Check out the forums and jump in. Like cigars, we all just tried it out and learned as we went.