Home Non Cigar Related

The Power of Words...

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    This happens a lot for me...all I see is a blank post. Anyone know if this is an iOS glitch or something along those lines?
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    It's a flash issue I think. iOS doesn't support it.
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    This happens a lot for me...all I see is a blank post. Anyone know if this is an iOS glitch or something along those lines?
    Jobs had a pet peeve against Adobe Flash. No flash vids for the kewl kids.

Wasn't this clip a super bowl commercial?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Wasn't this clip a super bowl commercial?

Might have been. I saw it at a company event. Thought it was pretty well done.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:
    The older, <object> embed code, that works on the forums, does not work for iDevices.....

The newer, <iframe> embed code, that doesn't work on the forums, does work for iDevices.....

....the more you know....

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ejgorman:

Go to the App Store, do a search for Photon Flash Player for iPhones, download the app, and Voila!! Then you open the app and navigate to the CCom page you're having trouble viewing. Once you're there, click on the lightning bolt icon in the lower right corner of your screen to connect to the proper bandwidth and it should play for ya..... Works for me .....
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    ejgorman:

Go to the App Store, do a search for Photon Flash Player for iPhones, download the app, and Voila!! Then you open the app and navigate to the CCom page you're having trouble viewing. Once you're there, click on the lightning bolt icon in the lower right corner of your screen to connect to the proper bandwidth and it should play for ya..... Works for me .....
    Marty, I am so proud of you right now.
    So very proud! LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    jlmarta:
    ejgorman:

Marty, I am so proud of you right now.
    So very proud! LOL!

Thanks very much, Tony, but I can't take the credit for this idea. Someone in another thread (I don't remember who) put forth the notion of a flash player app. All I did was go to the App Store to do a search to see if there really was such a thing. Turns out there was/is.