Home Ratings & Reviews

Ashton Cabinet

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
Opted to try this Ashton for a late morning smoke with a cup of coffee today. I couldn't have made a better choice! This was an extremely smooth cigar... The construction was perfect, the burn even, and the smoke thick and creamy. I did not want this to end! My palate is not the most refined, but I picked up notes of nuts and wood early on, with a slight (but not at all harsh) spiciness as the smoke progressed. It was the perfect compliment to a medium bodied cup of joe with light cream.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks delicious! I think it may be cigar and coffee time...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    Nice matching color accessories.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckrddsmke:
    Nice matching color accessories.
    Thanks! I hate it when my cigar clashes with my beverage! :^)
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    ahhhh... color coordination... it's the little things that go along way to making a memorable smoke. We had an Ashton event at the local B&M on Friday and I was eyeing the Cabinet box but didn't jump. I'm working on getting more coverage in the creamy, nutty, sweet and rich category in my humi stock. Thanks for the info!
    PAtoNH:
    ahhhh... color coordination... it's the little things that go along way to making a memorable smoke. We had an Ashton event at the local B&M on Friday and I was eyeing the Cabinet box but didn't jump. I'm working on getting more coverage in the creamy, nutty, sweet and rich category in my humi stock. Thanks for the info!
    This stick is definitely box-worthy, Mike.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review. Ill pick some up.??
    Hmmmm... Maybe I should apply to CCOM for a job as a copy writer. :^)
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    ash cabs are some of my faves. try the number 2. made from same press as fuente hemingway classics
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I have one. I may have to give it a go.
    It's been sitting for quite some time waiting for an excuse. Looks like I found an excuse. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Doug, if you like it so much then you should also try the Ashton Puro Sol. My humble opinion is Puro Sol is little better than Cabinet though it is also a good smoke. However at end taste is subjective.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great combo! You're a lucky guy!
    rzaman:
    Doug, if you like it so much then you should also try the Ashton Puro Sol. My humble opinion is Puro Sol is little better than Cabinet though it is also a good smoke. However at end taste is subjective.
    Thanks for the recommendation, Rip! I haven't had an Ashton yet that I didn't enjoy, but haven't tried the Puro Sol. I will definitely keep an eye out for them!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    rzaman:
    Thanks for the recommendation, Rip! I haven't had an Ashton yet that I didn't enjoy, but haven't tried the Puro Sol. I will definitely keep an eye out for them!
    Dang it, now I have to go buy some Ashton. I just smoked my last VSG on Sunday, and haven't had either of these.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • AVJimAVJim Posts: 449
    Perfect pairing (drooling a little).
    "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Nicely done! This is my go to morning cigar!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man you really got me wanting to try one now. That'll be on my list next time I'm at the B&M
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Had one this morning cuz your picture made me, lol.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Had one this morning cuz your picture made me, lol.
    Dang! I forgot how good this was! Now I gotta go find some more...