Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Monte

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
Not being a fan boy of nc montes this stick actually surprised me! It was well balanced and smoked pretty slow. I had the smallest size and it burned for about 2hrs! Also the price point is not nearly as rediculous as the other lines. It is not a must try but a worthy smoke that may change your mind of the monte line
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    Lee, I haven't had the Monte and don't have much experience with Montecristo (Cuban and Non) to speak of. That said, I had a Platinum Rothchilde that really impressed me as a mild smoke with lots of flavor, perfect with coffee the morning I smoked it. No big pepper blast or nicotine hit, not a ton of complexity, just a tasty smooth smoke right down to the nub. Mine was a gift and I was a little surprised to see the average selling prices but it pulled the brand back onto my radar.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Not being a fan boy of nc montes this stick actually surprised me! It was well balanced and smoked pretty slow. I had the smallest size and it burned for about 2hrs! Also the price point is not nearly as rediculous as the other lines. It is not a must try but a worthy smoke that may change your mind of the monte line
    TOTALLY AGREE. My father in law gave me one of these when we were in a bar about a month or two ago, and i loved it. I picked one up for myself and let it sit and smoked it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee are you talking about this one?
    If so, I may have to give it another try with a "fresh" palate......I didn't think much of the one I smoked, but I had a couple other cigars before it so maybe my tastebuds were just shot by that point.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    If so, I may have to give it another try with a "fresh" palate......I didn't think much of the one I smoked, but I had a couple other cigars before it so maybe my tastebuds were just shot by that point.
    thats the one, but don't pick it up on my account, im a newb
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    jgibv:
    thats the one, but don't pick it up on my account, im a newb
    Thanks Brian.

And LOL at the idea that you're a "noob" .... now that's funny.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO it is deff. More deep in flavor and has potential of being better with a nap. I'm by no means saying buy the crap out of them but think it's worth a try for sure
    Money can't buy taste