Home Ratings & Reviews

Alec Bradley Classic Blend American

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Like every AB I have smoked the wrapper started to fall apart on the first puff. After that was taken care of (spit), it is the 1st AB that I like. Great draw, easy light, even burn and some really good smoke. White ash and it stays lit. Pleasant and not harsh or overpowering. I would actually buy a couple more...image

Comments

• Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I like that blend too. I don't remember having wrapper cracking issues with it though. Over all a good solid stick
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that blend too. Which ABs have you tried? Maybe I can hook you up with some AB sticks you haven't tried. I like their stuff pretty good.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    I like that blend too. Which ABs have you tried? Maybe I can hook you up with some AB sticks you haven't tried. I like their stuff pretty good.

Thanks for the generous offer but I smoked them so long ago, and gave up on them, I don't remember which I smoked.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

Thanks for the generous offer just send me everything.

Fixed it for ya. I think I also have a few in the humi. Next time I am getting stuff to send out I will try to remember to toss a couple your way.
    curtiscr79:
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

Thanks for the generous offer just send me everything.

Fixed it for ya. I think I also have a few in the humi. Next time I am getting stuff to send out I will try to remember to toss a couple your way.

Curt Curt Curt....you have to stop doing that, our people will think you work for the IRS....
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Maybe there is an issue with your humi? I've never had an issue with AB wrappers. I've smoked a TON of ABs....odd.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    Maybe there is an issue with your humi? I've never had an issue with AB wrappers. I've smoked a TON of ABs....odd.

Can't be the humi...all my rationed cigars (the ones that have rested and are ready to smoke) are kept in the same box (my best box) and are all rotated on a regular basis.

I'm starting to think that maybe they require a little higher humidity, which I will soon be able to experiment with because of some flat rates coming my way (any port in a storm you guys..?), and I have a smaller humidor being properly seasoned as I type this. We will see, and I will report back with the results.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Like every AB I have smoked the wrapper started to fall apart on the first puff. After that was taken care of (spit), it is the 1st AB that I like. Great draw, easy light, even burn and some really good smoke. White ash and it stays lit. Pleasant and not harsh or overpowering. I would actually buy a couple more...image
    Thanks for the review. I like the description overlay and notes at the bottom. Do you mark it in a PDF then post?
    Camera to Picasa (free from Google) Picasa to desktop ( I could skip a step but I need to label at every step) desktop to IMGUR (photobucket type service and I make the largest number 650) IMGUR to Forum

Both Picasa and Imgur have a text feature.
    I am smoking an AB Prensado box pressed I just got Bigshizza and it is a good cigar, so I must assume that 1. I have the brand confused with another (possible, I some times forget my meds) or 2. I some how screwed them up (possible, I sometimes forget my meds).