Home Cigar 101

How to calculate kitty litter for coolidor

I am expanding my cigar collection and am getting everything together but havent found anything on how much kitty litter to use. If 1/2 of beads will do 2.5 cubic feet is that the same for kitty litter?

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Ray

some say you need a little more KL than beads, but I think the capacity is roughly the same. Of course the more you have, the more stable.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Thanks. I was thinking the samething but just wanted to get opinions. Appreciate it.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say KITTY LITTER?! Haha! And Welcome back Ray. long time no see. I've heard plenty of guys say it's a good idea to double it. Whatever is recommended for Heartfelt beads on their website, double it. They have this cool calculator you put in your humi or cooler measurements and they tell you exactly how much beads you'll need by weight. Then double it for kitty litter. (That's what I did.) I think the reason you should double it is that the KL doesn't have the same amount of pores or something like that. But hey! KL is cheap, and coolers are big.
  • Thanks. I've just been honing my tastes buds and learning what I can. I'll look for that calculator on the heartfelt site.