Home Ratings & Reviews

Group/Forum Reviews

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, I was reading the post on the Spectre and thought it was really nice to see so many peoples views on one cigar in one thread. So I thought we could make a concerted effort to do it a little more. We used to try and do the "Smoke 'n Post" where everyone smoked the same cigar at the same time. Perhaps it would be more conducive to just try and get people to smoke the same cigar in a 2 week time frame and post their thoughts in one thread. Seems like an easier way to get more people involved in reviewing without being a full-blown reviewer. It's easier to contribute to a review, then to completely go it alone. So what do you think? Any thoughts on a couple cigars to line up for future group reviews? Maybe newer sticks that everyone is actually curious about and haven't had before (i.e. why the Spectre thread was so popular).
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My variety of cigars is somewhat limited but growing because of some dastardly deeds by the devious denizens of this forum. I am now setting them aside for rest and aging instead of rushing to consume them.

I for one would love to participate, but don't expect me differentiating between trees and ceder or coffee and cream. Have to leave that to the guys with serious palates. But I know what I like.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I think it would be fun but same as jd. i can pick a few notes out but my review would be "I like this cigar or I dont like this cigar"
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    My variety of cigars is somewhat limited but growing because of some dastardly deeds by the devious denizens of this forum. I am now setting them aside for rest and aging instead of rushing to consume them.

I for one would love to participate, but don't expect me differentiating between trees and ceder or coffee and cream. Have to leave that to the guys with serious palates. But I know what I like.
    I agree. My selection is growing, but 1/1,000,000 compared to the masters of the leaf on here. I have never had a spectra, where do I buy them at?
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Gotta start somewhere....believe it or not the Monoliths and coolers were filled 1 stick at a time, just like the famous 20 count humidors are as well. Details of the spectre are here: http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=1782
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be up to throwing in my .2 cents worth... Sounds good Shafty
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name the gar and time, and I'll try an find it. It was fun to see what everyone thought on a newer stick.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    If I can get my *** beaters on one I'll be glad to join in