Home Cigar 101
Options

Uneven burn tip

CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
A while back someone recommended to turn a cigar over if it wasn't burning evenly. Keep the longest part of unburned wrapper to the top. Seemed simple enough. I kind of forgot about it, and haven't had one recently that needed it. This morning's cigar started burning crooked at about the halfway point and I made the adjustment. Evened out perfectly. In the past I have corrected with a lighter, but this was too easy. Just wanted to throw this simple tip out there. (and probably open myself up for criticism for not knowing this)

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I always rotate, sometimes the uneven burn up, down, sideways, whatever. I just made a habit out of it. I also think a proper toast makes a huge difference as well.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    I always rotate, sometimes the uneven burn up, down, sideways, whatever. I just made a habit out of it. I also think a proper toast makes a huge difference as well.
    You may have been the one that gave the advice originally.
    One of the first things I saw when I got back into cigars, was a vid on CA about lighting a cigar and learned about toasting properly. Don't have many burn issues so I must be doing something right.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too rotate the cigar as I smoke it, but in most cases the part facing down will get more oxygen meaning put the longer end down. However there are exceptions to every rule, as stated before do what ever is working to correct the problem. Rotating while smoking from start to finish (for me) keeps an even burn on most.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.