Home Ratings & Reviews

MOW 25

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I've seen a few people smoking these, what are your thoughts? Hoping I'm wrong, but the negative spirit inside of me says they probably taste like a Virture (FTW). While not a bad thing, if I wanted a Virtue (FTW), I'd smoke a Virtue (FTW).

Comments

• allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I thought they were just a relabelled Virtue. I haven't seen anybody mention anything about them being a new blend, or the same as the Virtue. Which brings me to another, related, question. What about the MoW OCC? Same blend as the MoW Original with different labellingartwork?
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little off topic...but the Virtue is, so far, the only MOW I have not liked. You don't hate me .....do you Rain..?
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    I thought they were just a relabelled Virtue. I haven't seen anybody mention anything about them being a new blend, or the same as the Virtue. Which brings me to another, related, question. What about the MoW OCC? Same blend as the MoW Original with different labellingartwork?
    I would agree, while I haven't had more than two Virtues, the 25 tasted the same from what I remember. I picked up a box because they were cheaper at around 3 bucks a stick than standard boxes of Virtues.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    A little off topic...but the Virtue is, so far, the only MOW I have not liked. You don't hate me .....do you Rain..?
    Nah. You like 5V which I can't stand for the most part, so we are square.
    perkinke:
    allsmokedup:
    I would agree, while I haven't had more than two Virtues, the 25 tasted the same from what I remember. I picked up a box because they were cheaper at around 3 bucks a stick than standard boxes of Virtues.
    Ok, to be fair I never read that they were a different blend...guess I just assumed.
    jd50ae:

It's all a matter of taste and palate. Try revisiting stuff you didn't like in the past after a year or two. Sometimes age, or a change in palate, will cause cigars you didn't like in the past to taste better.

I know that I've come around a full circle to Connecticut wrappers. Hated them for being too mild in the past, but after retrohaling, a lot of mild blends are actually amazing. Case in point for me is the 3x3 corona. Arguably one of the most mild cigars out there, but after reading what kuzi said about musk being the signature olfactory sensation from Kelner's blends and tasting it, I actually enjoyed it a lot. I laugh when I see reviews complaining that cigar is 'stale', because that's exactly what the reviewers are tasting without realizing that it's actually what Kelner's blends are about.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Yup, the 25 is the virutue with a different wrapper. A little birdie told me so last year, when they were getting them ready to be released at the pre-CFest 2013 during the Lesean McCoy MOW event. Same everything but box and band, except that if you bought them at the event, Lesean would sign them for you. Further details here: http://www.cigarfest.org/cfest13/schedule.aspx?day=wednesday&event=celebrity_event#nav
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a Virtue (FTW) all the way but the band is purty
    So it does have a different wrapper?
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Rain, when I read that I think he ment to say band. Later in the same post he says it again as being the "same cigar". I asked the same question in the "smoked a good cigar from..." thread and the replys were same cigar different band.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry's now got me all confused too....
    Smiley

I thought the 25s (FTW) were just a rebranded/repackaged Virtue (FTW).....they tasted the same to me.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Where can you get the MoW 25? I've yet to try it out.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    Where can you get the MoW 25? I've yet to try it out.
    PM

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Different blend. I tried one that I had only had a short time and wasn't impressed. It will improve over time. I just didn't have any willpower that day.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    planning on smoking them side by side some weekend to see if I can tell a difference. Similar age and vitola. Toro and robusto.
    ddubridge:
    planning on smoking them side by side some weekend to see if I can tell a difference. Similar age and vitola. Toro and robusto.
    Figurado?
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    ddubridge:
    Figurado?
    yes
    CharlieHeis:
    allsmokedup:
    Different blend. I tried one that I had only had a short time and wasn't impressed. It will improve over time. I just didn't have any willpower that day.

Given that bearb indicated that an insider told him that they were the same, I'd go with his version...
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    CharlieHeis:
    allsmokedup:

Given that bearb indicated that an insider told him that they were the same, I'd go with his version...
    I meant the MOW OCC. Should have been more specific.