Dont laugh at me...lol
One God, One Truth

Comments

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:
    Whats the difference?

Dont laugh at me...lol
    It's basically another term for a double torpedo. Larger ring gauge on the middle tapered at both ends. Popularity has waned from yesteryear but some still around.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    there is a history behind cigar shape names that are all relative to begin with.

what we call a perfecto today used to be called a torpedo. it was called a torpedo because it was shaped like a torpedo. this is the tapered on both ends cigar like the La Aurora Preferidos.

now-a-days a "torpedo" is a cigar that tapers on one end and seems to be synonymous with belicoso and pyramid.

a belicoso is a straight sided cigar with just the cap pointed. think ashton VSG Belicoso no.1:

a pyramid is a cigar with more taper than just the cap. think 5 vegas classic "torpedo" (even though its a pyramid):

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    roland_7707:
    Whats the difference?

Dont laugh at me...lol
    It's basically another term for a double torpedo. Larger ring gauge on the middle tapered at both ends. Popularity has waned from yesteryear but some still around.
    not sure... on this.

of course im not sure what i think it is will be correct either... i thought a double torpedo was a torpedo of very large size... such as a double corona
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thought a double perfecto just meant a larger size since most are 6x60. And belicoso if I'm not mistaken is supposed to be a more rounded point then a torpedo like in Kuzi's pic. I think the rounded points offer a better draw.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Thanks fellas.
    One God, One Truth