Home Cigar 101

Draw rate and burn relation

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
This may be somewhat of a rambling post, I apologize in advance.What do you guys do when you draw on your cigar and only 1/2 or 3/4 of the foot turns red? I feel compelled to take another draw to even it out and keep the burn straight, but I think I might be heating it up too much sometimes. I'm fairly certain that I worry too much about an even burn, and correct it too early when it would just even itself out.

Comments

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    In the beginning? If so, I don't draw until I have an even red cherry from the toast. If during, I turn constantly.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    No, not while toasting. Sorry for not clarifying. I turn 1/4 between every draw.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    touch it up with a torch.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Drives me nuts as well. If it starts to tunnel or severely side burn, it will get cursed and probably thrown into the street. Not without first trying go save it though.??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Someone mentioned that if you turn the long part of the tunnel on the top, it will help correct itself due to heat. This seemed to work so I give it a little more time before correcting.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    james40:
    Someone mentioned that if you turn the long part of the tunnel on the top, it will help correct itself due to heat. This seemed to work so I give it a little more time before correcting.
    this is unproven. of course so is the alternative.

i once heard that if you put the part that isnt burning on the bottom then the smoke wont displace the oxygen and therefore will help it burn better.

frankly i dont like to wait. touch it up with fire and move on with life.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    frankly i dont like to wait. touch it up with fire and move on with life.
    My thoughts exactly. If I don't fix it right away, it just becomes the center of my attention when it should be elsewhere.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America