Home General Discussion

A Personl challenge just for me.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bob, if I don't make it my wife has been asked to transfer all of my cigars and related paraphernalia to you. Please take half and hold a drawing here for the rest. Or you can save some time and just give them to Brianetz1.

Glad I am out of ****.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    One Gurkha is tough, three is a death sentence!
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    One Gurkha is tough, three is a death sentence!

lly AC is on....12 really cold beers...Cheetos...and wings being prepared.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Oh, "personal challenge" so we're not allowed to play? I see how it is. ;) Just teasin, I have had the centurian in the double perfecto and it was a brute, flavor wasn't bad though. good luck!
    perkinke:
    Oh, "personal challenge" so we're not allowed to play? I see how it is. ;) Just teasin, I have had the centurian in the double perfecto and it was a brute, flavor wasn't bad though. good luck!

I honestly could not ask anyone to join in but I wish I had these 3 in a smaller sizes....
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck JD. I think you can do it and survive.
    #1 done.

#2 done------Much better cigar then the 1st.

• twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they get a lot of flack,but I actually enjoy a few of them I like the seduction,and the vintage.although I don't know if I'd do 3 in one day.lol.but you get er done brother!!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

#3 done. Seems terribly mild.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honored. And I wish I had been on-line to see you post this throughout the day. I don't know whether to assume that you survived or just wait down at the PO box for the boxes to arrive. Hope you post again so I'll know ;)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, no love for the beauty? I love those. Did u smoke the 1st release? I did notice the later ones weren't as good.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Hmmm, no love for the beauty? I love those. Did u smoke the 1st release? I did notice the later ones weren't as good.

I am sure it was not the first release because of the purchase date. The Centurian was the big surprise, it was like smoking air. Theses were the 6X60 from a sampler pack and I guess I expected more from all 3.
    Bob Luken:
    I'm honored. And I wish I had been on-line to see you post this throughout the day. I don't know whether to assume that you survived or just wait down at the PO box for the boxes to arrive. Hope you post again so I'll know ;)

Actually all 3 were kind of light weight. I expected more because of the few smaller ones I have smoked.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    phobicsquirrel:

I am sure it was not the first release because of the purchase date. The Centurian was the big surprise, it was like smoking air. Theses were the 6X60 from a sampler pack and I guess I expected more from all 3.
    Ah, the variability of the Gurkha brand! When they're good, they're really good.

Then, some smoke like air, and all too often, they just swell up and fall apart.Or, conversely, no amount of rolling or poking will allow air to pass through the body of the cigar.

Congratulations on making it through all three. I've smoked a few Centurions, the ones that held together were good, but I was also let down. My first Gurkha was a Titan Presidente, took >3 hours to smoke, and I was expecting something like that experience. Like Squirrel, I really like the Beauty's that I've had, that didn't blow up.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Amos Umwhat:
    jd50ae:
    phobicsquirrel:

Ah, the variability of the Gurkha brand! When they're good, they're really good.

Then, some smoke like air, and all too often, they just swell up and fall apart.Or, conversely, no amount of rolling or poking will allow air to pass through the body of the cigar.

Congratulations on making it through all three. I've smoked a few Centurions, the ones that held together were good, but I was also let down. My first Gurkha was a Titan Presidente, took >3 hours to smoke, and I was expecting something like that experience. Like Squirrel, I really like the Beauty's that I've had, that didn't blow up.
    The best Gurkha I have smoked was an 8x52 Ancient Warrior Presidente, that had some real age on it and it was a really nice 3+ hour smoke. I think I judge all Gurkhas against it.