Home Non Cigar Related

mosquito tiki torch things

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Does anybody use them, and if so do they work? Thanks.Trying to figure out if there is anyway to keep the mosquitoes (or is it mosquitos?) at bay as it heats up round here.

Comments

• honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I use tiki torches around here on summer evenings filled with TIKI Citronella Torch Fuel, I have 11 torches around my 20'x20' deck, and it seems to work out pretty good for me

EDIT
    Though I don't think we have very bad infestations around here, though I defiantly notice more around when we don't light up the torches for sure
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Don't expect one or two to get the job done. Buy at least 4-5 more than you think you need. They work, but not as well as you would expect.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    honorknight7:
    I use tiki torches around here on summer evenings filled with TIKI Citronella Torch Fuel, I have 11 torches around my 20'x20' deck, and it seems to work out pretty good for me

EDIT
    Though I don't think we have very bad infestations around here, though I defiantly notice more around when we don't light up the torches for sure
    +1
    A friend has a similar set up, has probably a dozen or so around the perimeter of his deck, they're not a "cure all" but I've definitely noticed a difference when they're lit, they seem to help.

Gotta make sure they have the citronella fuel though.

And those small citronella candles are helpful too --- set one at my feet to help keep the mosquitos from biting my ankles.
    Other than that --- just regular old bug spray and a slight breeze or a fan on low to keep the air moving seems to help.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tip on the fuel to use
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    if it is jsut for you when you are out smoking use one of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/OFF-Mosquito-Repellent-Clip-On-Fan-4-Piece-Set/16200187

its what i used last year and worked great
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    if it is jsut for you when you are out smoking use one of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/OFF-Mosquito-Repellent-Clip-On-Fan-4-Piece-Set/16200187

its what i used last year and worked great
    That's a good tip, thanks! I started getting bit tonight and need to get something to help. The solid "candle" with the big spiral worked really well last year.