Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Shizz and Echambers... and chrislolds

Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, I've been hangin' around this forum for awhile now, and I've seen some acts of kindness and generosity that have blown me away. What landed in my mailbox today, however, was absolutely beyond the pale.

There simply are no words. You brothers are too much. You made Mrs. Puff cry. You touched our hearts with your friendship. You are amazing BOTLs, and you have my sincere thanks.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The generosity of this forum's members amazes me.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ain't over yet Doug! Treat yourselves!!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Puff, will you teach me?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The credit goes to Jim. I'm a lowly messanger.

Happy aniversary, Doug!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Yeah, that won't be stuck in my head all day now. Thanks!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    I'm lost on this one, fellas. What does this mean?
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Well said Puff. The generosity is contagious!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    LOLOL I love you Teach
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    I was late to the dougie party :(
    ddubridge:
    Puff_Dougie:
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    I was late to the dougie party :(
    errybody dougie erry errybody dougie
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one wondering what it was??
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    No_one21:
    A gift from the heart, all organized by the Shizz
    No_one21:
    Aight... so Mr. Shizz offered a box of Tatuaje Little Monsters for sale. When Echambers stepped up to buy them, he was told to just send the purchase price to me along with a Happy Anniversary card for me and Mrs. Puff so we can do something nice for our upcoming 28th.

Big Jim is the real deal BOTL. The man amazes me daily with the hugeness of his heart!
    Puff_Dougie:
    No_one21:
    Aight... so Mr. Shizz offered a box of Tatuaje Little Monsters for sale. When Echambers stepped up to buy them, he was told to just send the purchase price to me along with a Happy Anniversary card for me and Mrs. Puff so we can do something nice for our upcoming 28th.

Big Jim is the real deal BOTL. The man amazes me daily with the hugeness of his heart!
    Actually, he sold TWO boxes of Little Monsters...
    Echambers:
    Puff_Dougie:
    No_one21:

Actually, he sold TWO boxes of Little Monsters...
    Shhhh... Cards from California take slightly longer, should be in someones mailbox today... ;)
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I like this forum. Well done, guys.
    Et Tu, Chris?

For crying out loud! I just got the old lady to stop blubbering and ANOTHER card hits the mailbox??? Seems that Shizz and his accomplices hatched a plot of total destruction and I have been obliterated.

Seriously... who does this?? "Thank you" doesn't begin to cover my debt of gratitude. I may have to take a road trip to Loon Lake myself to hand deliver a case of bourbon and a box of premiprems, but I will find a way to repay this kindness.

In the meantime, wifey and I will have us a humdinger of an anniversary celebration, and I will try to capture some pictures to post.

Also in the meantime, anybody know when Jim's wedding anniversary is? PM me!
    Puff_Dougie:
    Et Tu, Chris?

For crying out loud! I just got the old lady to stop blubbering and ANOTHER card hits the mailbox??? Seems that Shizz and his accomplices hatched a plot of total destruction and I have been obliterated.

Seriously... who does this?? "Thank you" doesn't begin to cover my debt of gratitude. I may have to take a road trip to Loon Lake myself to hand deliver a case of bourbon and a box of premiprems, but I will find a way to repay this kindness.

In the meantime, wifey and I will have us a humdinger of an anniversary celebration, and I will try to capture some pictures to post.

Also in the meantime, anybody know when Jim's wedding anniversary is? PM me!
    I believe it just occurred, he posted regarding celebrating his anniversary in Idaho recently, or maybe it was a picture? If picture we could check exif data? haha

Congrats Doug! Glad I could be a small part in Shizz's big plan!
    Puff_Dougie:
    "Thank you" doesn't begin to cover my debt of gratitude...
    See, the thing is, (and I thought you might already understand this) there is no debt among friends...
    Echambers:
    Puff_Dougie:
    "Thank you" doesn't begin to cover my debt of gratitude...
    See, the thing is, (and I thought you might already understand this) there is no debt among friends...
    Not only that but I think we all got more enjoyment out of it then dougie! Jim is the man though, I see bombs in his future...
    Point taken. "Debt" is not the right word. Such thoughtfulness is, however, inspirational. :^)
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Jim is a Saint.
    Likes horses, but a Saint !
    LOL
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    So, the anniversary is this Saturday, but we have a reception planned to celebrate my son's wedding that night (he got married out-of-state in September). Tonight, the youngest is away at 6th grade camp, so the wife suggested we go out for an anniversary celebration. Thanks to Shizz and his little helpers, we went to her favorite seafood restaurant for crab legs and margaritas then to our favorite local cigar bar - Joey D's - for a smoke and a few drinks (OK... maybe more than a few). Paired an LFD Chapter One with some Glenmorangie Nectar D'or and a Yuingling Porter.

We had an awesome time just hanging out, enjoying some great food, awesome beverages, and great cigars, and knowing we didn't have to rush home. We are both so thankful for the opportunity to treat ourselves and celebrate the last 28 years. A huge Thank You again, Jim (and Eric and Chris)! Y'all are amazing BOTLs!
    Glad you had a great time! Jim is a pretty amazing guy...
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doug, I'm really glad you had a great time! Glad to be apart of it!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This place is just too cool.
    Just when you think you've seen it all, something like this happens.

WTG Shizza and everybody involved. You guys are all awesome...

And happy anniversary, Doug.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great gesture guys. Sounds like you had a great time Doug. I bet you won't get any grief from the wife about buying too many cigars now. Just tell her it is for payback
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an awesome time Doug. My anniversary is today, only 4 years, but I hope we reach the point you all are at. Congratulations!