Home Cigar 101
Options

Drew estate.

So my big burning question I have as a newbie to cigars is are Drew Estate cigars considered like newbie cigars or something. For some reason the flavoring just seems to me like a lot of people will critisize u for flavored cigars. Idk it just might be because i hang around old schools alot haha

P.S. I actually like Drew Estates alot

Comments

• Options
    honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Welcome Man :)
    They make a pretty good cigar as far as I've noticed I don't smoke them all the time but I like the Drew Estates natural line on occasion, just not so much the ones with the sugar tip, until its gone that is, as well as the java,s, & isla del sol's - those are great with an evening cup-o-joe (IMO) I'm not into the Acid line really at all though
    My wife "Only" smokes flavored/infused and she likes the Drew Estates a lot, the Acids also, almost always a few Kuba Kuba's in her wineador
    The guys/gals here are really helpful on suggestions of non flavored cigars you can transition to or for a change from infused weather you want to or not is up to you, everyone here is really good at conveying you should smoke what you enjoy (might get a good hearted joke or two though)
    By the way how is it to get mail there ? I've never sent out of the country before, but if its do-able I could get you the latest news letter if you send me that address :D
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different strokes. If it works for you, it's a "good" cigar. Thinking about it, I've recommended DE's Java Latte a few times to beginners, because I knew they liked dark chocolate. Sort of overkill for me to smoke one, but for someone who's not yet a cigar smoker, I want them to experience something that's right up front in flavor. They'll get used to that, and start picking out the tobacco flavors, then move on, or that's what I hope.

Welcome to our forum, by the way.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheRakeIsReal:
    So my big burning question I have as a newbie to cigars is are Drew Estate cigars considered like newbie cigars or something. For some reason the flavoring just seems to me like a lot of people will critisize u for flavored cigars. Idk it just might be because i hang around old schools alot haha P.S. I actually like Drew Estates alot
    "burning question" + Cigar subject matter = Haha

You got the right idea. Maybe it's like somebody who learns first to like "Jack & Coke" before learning to enjoy "Jack Daniels". The purists will always complain that you shouldn't water down the taste of the original. As far as Drew Estate, (they call it DE for short around here) I have the impression that they are quality cigars. I don't think I've had any of their cigars or any flavored cigars. But if I got the feeling that I wanted to try a flavored one I'd pick up a DE. As far as taking criticism for liking the flavored cigars. I'm sure they're just kidding you. You just gotta roll with it. Make a joke on yourself too if anyone mentions it. Tell 'em. "Yep, and I like chocolate milk too!"

Thank you for your service and welcome to the ccom forum.

• Options
    honorknight7:
    Welcome Man :)
    They make a pretty good cigar as far as I've noticed I don't smoke them all the time but I like the Drew Estates natural line on occasion, just not so much the ones with the sugar tip, until its gone that is, as well as the java,s, & isla del sol's - those are great with an evening cup-o-joe (IMO) I'm not into the Acid line really at all though
    My wife "Only" smokes flavored/infused and she likes the Drew Estates a lot, the Acids also, almost always a few Kuba Kuba's in her wineador
    The guys/gals here are really helpful on suggestions of non flavored cigars you can transition to or for a change from infused weather you want to or not is up to you, everyone here is really good at conveying you should smoke what you enjoy (might get a good hearted joke or two though)
    By the way how is it to get mail there ? I've never sent out of the country before, but if its do-able I could get you the latest news letter if you send me that address :D
    I would love the newsletter unless it can get emailed to me haha and mail is easy here if anyone wants to send a soldier a bomb im open to it haha
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    How much longer you go over there?
  • Options
    Rain:
    How much longer you go over there?
    Till september
  • Options
    Oh, I got a few sticks and a flag that might be headed your way then.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    Rain:
    :)
  • Options
    Rain:
    you send me a flag and ill get it flown on a helicopter for you and send it back
  • Options
    Aare you in the Mafia?
  • Options
    No, but if I was would I tell you. hahahaha