Home General Discussion

White Sage for cigar odors.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
You can buy it in bundles on eBay and it works very well.

Brake off a small piece and light it, put out the flame and let it smolder. Works quick but it needs to be done again after you smoke another cigar.

I use to use it for clearing my head when serious thinking was needed. Still do on occasion, but it is really great for dismissing odors. Unless of course you are one of those folks who doesn't like its odor.

Comments

• dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Herbs for clearing the head? lol.... lmao..... rotflmao.

Aj
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    There is always one...;)image

Yep...been used for 100's of years and it does work.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    You can buy it in bundles on eBay and it works very well.

Brake off a small piece and light it, put out the flame and let it smolder. Works quick but it needs to be done again after you smoke another cigar.

I use to use it for clearing my head when serious thinking was needed. Still do on occasion, but it is really great for dismissing odors. Unless of course you are one of those folks who doesn't like its odor.
    what?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White sage is the native herb for healing/cleansing. Spiritually and physically.
    My grandmother used it for smudging everything. It drives out evil spirits, cleanses the body, helps coughs, headaches, stomach aches and a whole list of everything else.

When my mother died, the entire house had to be smudged (it's a heritage thing) with white sage for cleansing, cedar for protection and sweetgrass for the blessing of the earth.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Yep, I use it once a year for smudging to clear out my house and property of negative energy; does wonders.
    so you can burn white sage kind of like a candle, and use it as an odor eliminator (like febreeze)?
    yes?

we have a big sage shrub in the backyard (use the leaves for cooking, IDK if it's white sage though)

have thought about making essential oil with the leaves to put into candles but never considered just burning the leaves themselves.
    what's the best approach? i assume the leaves have to be dry to burn them? just toast with a lighter? and waft around the leaf?

jgibv:
    so you can burn white sage kind of like a candle, and use it as an odor eliminator (like febreeze)?
    yes?

we have a big sage shrub in the backyard (use the leaves for cooking, IDK if it's white sage though)

have thought about making essential oil with the leaves to put into candles but never considered just burning the leaves themselves.
    what's the best approach? i assume the leaves have to be dry to burn them? just toast with a lighter? and waft around the leaf?

Never used anything but WHITE SAGE. It has to be dry. Some people bundle it, light it and let it smolder. My preference is a smudge dish (abalone shell) and a few leaves lit and blown out. The smoke takes about a nano second to clear the air.
    jd50ae:
    jgibv:
    yes?

Never used anything but WHITE SAGE. It has to be dry. Some people bundle it, light it and let it smolder. My preference is a smudge dish (abalone shell) and a few leaves lit and blown out. The smoke takes about a nano second to clear the air.
    interesting, will have to give this a try.
    thanks.

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bundled white sage works the best.
    It's tied up in a smudge stick. You light it, blow out the flame and let it smolder.
    A lot of people use abalone shells, as that is what the southern natives used to crush up the white sage and other herbs. Northern native usually used smudge sticks.

Done properly, you smudge to the north to welcome the Eagle and new day.
    Then South to welcome the Coyote, mid-day and your ancestors.
    Then West to welcome the Bear and renewal within.
    Then North to welcome the Buffalo and wisdom and that which our grandfathers taught us.
    Then to the sky to the Great Spirit/Sky Father/Star people/Cloud people (depending on what indian nation you affilifate with) and welcome the strength (or masculine) of them.
    Then to the ground to welcome Mother earth and the energy below (or feminine).
    And lastly, to your heart to welcome the energy with in to connect with all things.

Each nation has it's own variance of this, so there will be differences in them. But this is the basics of it.

I know, a bunch of more useless information for ya. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pm to you
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

I learned of this in New Mexico while hitch-hiking in 1974. Nearly everyone I've ever told had Dr. Frankensteins reaction. Still, it works.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    0patience:
    It's tied up in a smudge stick. You light it, blow out the flame and let it smolder.
    A lot of people use abalone shells, as that is what the southern natives used to crush up the white sage and other herbs. Northern native usually used smudge sticks.

Then North to welcome the Buffalo and wisdom and that which our grandfathers taught us.
    Then to the sky to the Great Spirit/Sky Father/Star people/Cloud people (depending on what indian nation you affilifate with) and welcome the strength (or masculine) of them.
    And lastly, to your heart to welcome the energy with in to connect with all things.

Each nation has it's own variance of this, so there will be differences in them. But this is the basics of it.

Thanks....
    0patience:

Don't know if I'll do the whole process, but very cool information.
    Thanks.

Amos Umwhat:
    jd50ae:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

I learned of this in New Mexico while hitch-hiking in 1974. Nearly everyone I've ever told had Dr. Frankensteins reaction. Still, it works.
    LOL its funny you say that... being i am of the native new mexican kind... my mom used to do that stuff. i never really went into it much. but have seen it alot around here.

I was actually poking fun at the state just north of me and there legalization of herbs for head clearing. LOL. No Sage needed for that application. LMAO.

Aj
    JD my man....

True BOTL right there...!

I got your Mind, Body and Soul bomb yesterday and i wanted to thank you so much for that wonderful gift! JD sent me a nice package of white sage and shell to burn in.

I slipped into a nice tub with the old lady and we relaxed to the gentle scent of the burning sage. I slept like the dead last night. its been years since ive literally "passed out" that hard. I feel like a new man today.

Thanks Brother,

Aj
    Every once in awhile I try a new old thing and every once in awhile I find something good. Glad to pass on to you and glad you got some benefit.

I too have found a hot tub or even shower goes hand in hand.