Home Non Cigar Related

What else do you enjoy?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea VA is good about being able to carry in the open but the problem with it is you will get harrassed. Even though its legal, people will ask you to leave restaurants, malls, etc.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    You'd actually be surprised how seldom that happens. Most malls are a PITA about OC, but I rarely go to malls anyway, since they insist on being victim disarmament zones. I OC on a daily basis and have never had a confrontation. The Virginia sub-forum on opencarry.org is very active; most of the restaurant posts are about how much of a non-event it was. My last trip to your area, 20 of us met up OC'ing for dinner at Fuddruckers on VB Blvd. Nobody even blinked.

even the Norfolk and Hampton PD's are finally getting the message that it's legal.
    VB is more who I'd be worried about. I've seen people assaulted by police on two different occassions in VB for OC'ing.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    You will NEVER catch me trying to crawl out of zoom's bedroom window!
    No s*** ! now thats a GUN..
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Do you really have one for sale? If so who made it and how much?
    Nah. I was just setting up the joke. I find guns interesting and have owned various ones over the years, but don't keep them around anymore.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Nah. I was just setting up the joke. I find guns interesting and have owned various ones over the years, but don't keep them around anymore.
    I love guns and I have a "few". I don't worry about open carry though. I paid the money for my concealed carry permit. That way nobody knows if I'm carrying or not.
    rdnstn:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    I love guns and I have a "few". I don't worry about open carry they. I paid the money for my concealed carry permit. That way nobody knows if I'm carrying or not.
    Did you guys hear about the Pizza place that some **** tried to rob?

Well anyways a guy sticks a gun in the owners face and tells him to open the safe. The owner tells him there is no money in the safe. The guy insists on him opening the safe anyways, well the only thing in the safe was the owners gun so he opens the safe grabs the gun shoots the burglar and kills him. Best part, no charges were filed. Thats justice.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    rdnstn:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    I love guns and I have a "few". I don't worry about open carry they. I paid the money for my concealed carry permit. That way nobody knows if I'm carrying or not.
    Did you guys hear about the Pizza place that some **** tried to rob?

Well anyways a guy sticks a gun in the owners face and tells him to open the safe. The owner tells him there is no money in the safe. The guy insists on him opening the safe anyways, well the only thing in the safe was the owners gun so he opens the safe grabs the gun shoots the burglar and kills him. Best part, no charged were filed. Thats justice.
    And served him right, too ;)
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I need to know the name of that place. I would eat there just to support that guy.
    Its here in Norfolk, VA I'll try to find the name again.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Posts: 342 ✭✭
    I like playing golf,Driving my volkswagen golf lol im very into computers i own my own server company i have my a+ net + ccna and all that junk i also like to camp i love the outdoors there is nothing like enjoying a great cigar while camping ill admit i play computer games sometimes mainly the shooting ones and i like to waste my money on japanese food!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I'm into hiking, photography, love to cook and BBQ, canoeing and I love COFFEE so I buy green coffee beans from all over the world and roast them fresh.

My wife and I may start up a small specialty coffee bean shop. Our goal would be to provide usually unavailable coffee beans, fresh raosted at a good price.

Nothin' like a great cup of fresh coffee and a good cigar... so I have come to find out.

Used to hunt a lot but gave up the rifle for a good camera when we moved to Vancouver Island in 1991.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Wow, I'm a loser. I've got no cool hobbies. All I do is work and maybe come home and spend a little time with the wife and our daughter. I guess I go to the gym and golf a little (very badly) but I felt like I needed a hobby, hence the cigar thing.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Hmm.. noticed I never really said what all I was into on here. I'm very big into technical rock climbing (multi-pitch traditional lead climbing and a little sport climbing, no bouldering or aid climbing). If we end up moving to Colorado in the next few years, I'll supplement this with some technical and non-technical peak bagging. I also do a fair amount of backpacking, or if the kids are along some basic car camping. My other active pursuit is ice hockey. I play at least once a week in a league here.

On the less active side, my wife and I have season tickets to the Broadway shows that come through Charlotte. We're huge (Panthers) football fans, but we usually catch the games on TV and maybe head uptown for one game a season. We're actually big sports fans in general, and get into watching any contest in any sport. I picked up playing the piano again a couple years ago after a layoff of about 20 years. My model train (N Scale) hobby is on a long-term break while we've got kids in the house. By the look of our garage/workshop you would think I'm quite the handyman/woodworker, but I'm really more of a tool collector.

And now after over 10 years of smoking the occassional cigar, I've picked that up as a hobby. My wife is thrilled.
    dutyje:
    My wife is thrilled.
    LMAO
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Music is one of my loves. Played bass in a few bands for years and recently (about 2 years ago) got into singing in my new band.

I used to be really into photography but haven't had the time lately. I love shooting the older completely manual cameras (Cannon FT and Minolta SRT101 - I think).

Golf, though I suck miserably at it (only got out once so far this year and shot a 48 on 9 holes, now that doesn't sound too bad until you hear that it was a par 3 course).

Gardening, though I don't have space at the new apartment this year, so no garden.

Cooking - my newest venture is to find something to make with cognac. Also love to bbq and make my own bbq marinade for steak tips.

I also was into Muay Thai for a while, but my trainer and friend died in a motorcycle accident back in April and I just had surgery on a hernia that had been bothering me for a while, so once I'm recovered, it's back to training.
    After listening to you guys, I feel pretty useless.
    I drink beer(good beer), smoke cigars, do a little web design and work on the house a lot. Thats about it any more.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Well since one of these was mentioned in another post anyway... Here goes... I enjoy flying radio controlled airplanes and helicopters... No not the $30 crap you see on TV, the bigger (and unfortunatley MUCH MUCH MUCH more expensive) stuff... I enjoy traditional wet shaving... Give me a badger brush, a good english soap or cream, and a double edge safety razor and I'm in heaven... A terrific BBS shave with no irritation... It doesn't get much better than that... Occasionally I'll hit with a straight, but usually only have time for the DE. I enjoy riding... Currently ride an '04 Suzuki GSX-R 1k. I used to get out to the track for track days at least twice a year, but recently with finances (and a new baby in the house) I haven't got to the track at all... I enjoy playing guitar and drums... Though I rarely get a chance these days so I'm FAR more than rusty... On the bright side I did get a chance to set down to "Rockband" at a friends house and bang away on the drum pads one day... I gotta say, it took a minute to get used to what was where (only 4 pads and some switch depending on rather a Tom/Cymbol, etc are needed) but it was pretty sweet. I enjoy photography... I shoot with a Canon 20D and have some pretty good shots I've taken in the past plastering various walls of my office and house... I'm an IT manager, so I suppose you could say I enjoy computers... ;) I enjoy my wife... and occasionally her friend... (wait... did I say that out loud???) :) and of course... I enjoy smoking cigars....
    rusirius:
    I enjoy my wife... and occasionally her friend... (wait... did I say that out loud???) :)
    Yet another man praying his wife never sees this forum ;)
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    rusirius:
    I enjoy my wife... and occasionally her friend... (wait... did I say that out loud???) :)
    Yet another man praying his wife never sees this forum ;)
    But this man has pictures to prove it... Bwhahhahahhahhahah! Stick out tongue [:P]
    You sure you don't live in our neighborhood? Lotta swingers here for some reason
    dutyje:
    You sure you don't live in our neighborhood? Lotta swingers here for some reason
    A comment that begs the question - and you know this because...?
    My wife and the ladies in the neighborhood are nothing but gossip.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    My wife and the ladies in the neighborhood are nothing but gossip.
    Sounds like a lot of the ladies are a good deal more than gossip.
    Que the fishbowl...bowchickabowbow.
    dutyje:
    Thats why you moved there!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Que the fishbowl...bowchickabowbow.
    Que the Stoopid joke of the Day:

"What do you get when the Brown Chicken and the Brown Cow have sex on the farm?"

"BrownChickenBrownCOW"

Which reminds me...did you hear about the two antennas who got married? Their wedding sucked, but the reception was awesome (rim shot).
  • Resurrecting a dead thread here. I enjoy shooting, particularly black powder revolvers. I desparately wan't a lematt but can't afford one. I'm also a brewer, none of this Mr beer stuff. I do beer occasionally but it's a lot of work compared to wine. Although wine takes longer, you want to age it (much like cigars) It's good freshly brewed but let it sit 3-months to a year and it gets much nicer. While I am on the subject. I enjoy beer and liquor. I like my beer dark and strong. Guiness and Murphy's Chocolate Stout are my favorites. For lighter beers I like Boddington's Pub Ale, Smithwicks and Killian's Irish Red. I'll also drink any kind of rum. Typically straight on the rocks. With coke if it's not a good rum. I like Mojito's too, never at the bar though. I don't care what those yuppies say. You drink mojitos while you are sitting in your backyard on a summer evening. It's like lemonade, but minty and with booze. I enjoy working out and lifting weights. I'm also in Wisconsin right on the river so I enjoy what comes with the territory, boating, fishing and camping (not swimming though, that's insane) I'm also a geek and not ashamed to admit it. I play that D&D thing, building computers and playing video games online with my girlfriend, usually xbox 360. Before anybody gets any ideas, my girlfriend is a redhead and ex-military. If anybody knows where I can get a pink M-16 before the democrats ban assault rifles again, I'd appreciate it. I'm not allowed to drive motorcycles. I've got this problem where I'm not very observant.