Home Cigar 101

Calibration of Hygrometer

MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
How come when you buy one they don't come pre-calibrated? Just a thought I had.....

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if they ever have, but now they are "Auto-Calibrating" or so they say. This is why every one I own has a little white sticker on it saying +4 or -2 after I check the calibration.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Posts: 392
    I bought some at Wal-Mart and every one of them was spot on. Put them in a sealed bag with a 75% Boveda and 12 hours later each and everyone read 75%. Downside they are a little big for a desktop but great for cabinets. Around $9.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Xikar now does it and it's pretty dang accurate!
    Money can't buy taste
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    MorganGeo:
    How come when you buy one they don't come pre-calibrated? Just a thought I had.....
    They used to. I bought one and it was 2 off. I just don't get the point of taking the button off...maybe they save 1/4 cent on each one or something.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    I bought one about a week ago and it was pre-calibrated but only one off.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    If they were all calibrated, and stayed that way....they would not have a need to sell calibration kits! Sorry, but it's the truth. It's pretty old and simple technology to not have perfected by now. Do the outdoor, wireless kits need calibrated? Nope, and they measure a lot more than rH and temp. Chew on that for just a minute.