Home Non Cigar Related

Fires in SoCal

roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
Hope that all our brothers in that area are ok and praying for the people that are though.

Also there is a small town in Texas that over 100 homes burned over the weekend, havnt seen anything in the news about that though.
One God, One Truth

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife have cousins out in Carlsbad who are pretty close to the fires. It never ends out here. Especially when it's summer.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Hang in fellas, save the family and cigars. Let the insurance deal with the rest. Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish i could send you some of this rain, dzr.
    had about 3.5 inches over the past week and still coming down.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Damn, I was just in Carlsbad end of April. I don't think they've had 3.5 inches all year. Dry as hell and it's only May.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    jgibv:
    Damn, I was just in Carlsbad end of April. I don't think they've had 3.5 inches all year. Dry as hell and it's only May.
    You're probably right....I follow noaa and usgs on twitter, see their drought index updates every week or so....interesting site they got, http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/RegionalDroughtMonitor.aspx?west, but feel for you guys on the west coast. Hope you get some rain soon...

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

I'm out here in Carlsbad for a job today. The pic doesn't do it justice ... This fire is massive
    photo 90CC76DD-orig.jpg
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    I live in New York and in an area in the capital district where we get a good amount of good sized brush fires but nothing compared to this. the area i live in used to burn every so often naturally to preserve the ecosystem and to get rid of any invasive wildlife. this makes it hard on the environment when people build in areas due to us having to go in and put it out due to the amount of thick dry brush it gets pretty difficult. this area of the United States is naturally dry and has always been locations of wild-land fires even before Catalonia became a state. me personally I don't mind going to small brush fires due to the fact i get to play with this bad boy. but these fires in the west are HUGE!!! People should prep there homes in case they get one of these near where they live. Some of these flames can reach 100ft tall. image
    Beaker38:
    I live in New York and in an area in the capital district where we get a good amount of good sized brush fires but nothing compared to this. the area i live in used to burn every so often naturally to preserve the ecosystem and to get rid of any invasive wildlife. this makes it hard on the environment when people build in areas due to us having to go in and put it out due to the amount of thick dry brush it gets pretty difficult. this area of the United States is naturally dry and has always been locations of wild-land fires even before Catalonia became a state. me personally I don't mind going to small brush fires due to the fact i get to play with this bad boy. but these fires in the west are HUGE!!! People should prep there homes in case they get one of these near where they live. Some of these flames can reach 100ft tall. image
    I really appreciate what you do.
    Drove by the San Marcos fire. (About 15-20 miles from the massive Carlsbad fire.) Helicopters were still dropping water. Firefighters seem to have control of the fire. Heres a pic of the scorched hillside.
    photo CA1C30A0-orig.jpg
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Yeah it from what i can see from the photo it looks pretty much out. White smoke is always good.