Home Ratings & Reviews

H. Upman the Banker

I have smoked five of these cigars. I have found their case to be very consistent, and the construction good. it starts off very light. then it revolves into a wonderful smoke.

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm... Almost picked one up at the B&M yesterday, but passed because I've had hit-and-miss experience with H Upman. Glad to hear you've enjoyed them. Might have to double back and pick up a few...
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard they are good but after a h uppman screwed my pallet up for a week I will never try one again! Minus the cc's of course
    Money can't buy taste
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Never had one, but they sure look nice!
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    I've heard they are good but after a h uppman screwed my pallet up for a week
    What happened??? Care to elaborate more? Just curious what you mean…
    FireRob:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    after I tried a legacy and the sun grown which both I only got a inch into all I could taste was bitter grass and nasty green tobacco...all the cigars I smoked that week after all tasted like that and I wasn't happy! Had to stop smoking for a bit to clear out the tastes and I guess the memories as well
    Money can't buy taste
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    FireRob:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    after I tried a legacy and the sun grown which both I only got a inch into all I could taste was bitter grass and nasty green tobacco...all the cigars I smoked that week after all tasted like that and I wasn't happy! Had to stop smoking for a bit to clear out the tastes and I guess the memories as well
    That Sucks!! Thanks for the info
  • eggmoneggmon Posts: 1
    I've been enjoying H. Upmann cigars for many years. IMHO, you got a "bad taste in your mouth" for Upmann because they are not known for Legacy and Sun Grown. Those are line extensions that their marketing department should have avoided.

Try a Connoisseur 50 and tell us what you think.

Respectfully,
    Eggmon
    Tried the banker robusto the other day...by far the best nc uppman but still only made it through half then chucked
    Money can't buy taste
  • Hm. After some of these reviews I may want to pass on this one. Anyone try Montecristo Media Noche?
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I had the Currency squared size and was really, not impressed. Had some tar form in balls at the cap and I am a very dry smoker. I think they rushed this one, but I can't be sure about that. Also, thought I would add that the Monte Media Noche is one of my favorite maduro sticks on the market. It's very well balanced and chocolatey, and I stuck to the robusto size mostly. JRcigars.com and this site sometimes like to throw them in samplers.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico