Home General Discussion

Pick 3 Cigars by wrapper that define the style

Simply put I am asking for the board to list 3 go to cigars that define a style based on the wrapper profile to include habano, corojo, cameroon, oscuro, etc etc etc. I'm not a big maduro fan (prob in the minority) but those can be listed too. Ready go!

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Camacho Tripple Maduro. All Maduro all the time

Camacho Corojo. Claims to be the first Corojo
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    not the new one... the old one.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Fuente Magnum 44 Rosado - Rosado wrapper

Ashton VSG - Sungrown wrapper

• blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Well Dustin aka Catfishbluezz just sent me a Griffin and an Oliva Connecticut and both were downright fantastic representations of a good conny.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I think A.F. Hemingways are a great representation of the cameroon wrapper.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    FireRob:
    not the new one... the old one.

Yes, my bad. Should have said "old blend"
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Ever tell you how much I love Cameroons? Ever tell you how much I regret introducing them to my wife recently? Lol, biggest mistake I ever made! The last 4 cigars she smoked were all Cameroon. FML. To answer the question in regards to Cameroons, I agree with the Hemingways. The AF Don Carlos is another often overlooked example that is just delish. Partagas Limited Reserve are still available and ridiculously good, as well. Do I have to stop at 3? I can't not mention an LFD, so the Cameroon Cabinet in the Chisel/Lancero/#1 are all go to's for me as well.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    SleevePlz:
    Chemnitz:
    Ever tell you how much I love Cameroons? Ever tell you how much I regret introducing them to my wife recently? Lol, biggest mistake I ever made! The last 4 cigars she smoked were all Cameroon. FML. To answer the question in regards to Cameroons, I agree with the Hemingways. The AF Don Carlos is another often overlooked example that is just delish. Partagas Limited Reserve are still available and ridiculously good, as well. Do I have to stop at 3? I can't not mention an LFD, so the Cameroon Cabinet in the Chisel/Lancero/#1 are all go to's for me as well.
    hey man... my wives favorite is Davidoff thousand series. FML
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Chemnitz:
    +1 on the lfd Cameroon, ashton cabinet is a great conny, Ill throw the Graycliff double espresso out there for a maduro
    Hey Kuzi, is the Graycliff a madro, thought it was but may be wrong?? sure tastes like one
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    The La Palina el Diario is a pretty dang good corojo
    The Kid:
    Hey Kuzi, is the Graycliff a madro, thought it was but may be wrong?? sure tastes like one
    yup costa rican maduro.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    The Kid:
    yup costa rican maduro.
    cool,thanks, you da man. :O)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Conny: MOW Virtue- i like this because it actually has a damn good amount of body to it for bing a conny.

Maduro: Liga Privada Undercrown. Because it effing awesome!

Habano: MOW Ruination. Because it also Effing awesome!

Honorable mention: JDN Antano, ive smoked more of these that any other cigar, period. Excellent representation of habano, just gotta get pas the uber amounts of ligero in the flller lol!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Chemnitz:
    ...and don't forget the Ashton Heritage.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Here are some of my favorites and go-to's...

Habano - Illusione CG4, MoW Ruination, Oliva V, LFD Airbender, Tatuaje Red
    Corojo - Camacho Corojo, J Fuego Origen Originals, DPG Cuban Classic
    Cameroon - Fuente Heminway, Torano 1916, Partagas Benji LX
    Oscuro - My Father Le Bijou, LFD Colorado Oscuro
    Maduro - 601 Blue, Fuente 858, Bueso Genesis, La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor
    Rosado - Fuente MagnumR, My Father
    Sumatra - Kristoff Sumatra, CCom Forum Blend (I kid, I kid!), Fuente Queen B
    Connecticut - EP Carillo New Wave, AVO Classic, Perdomo 10th Champagne