Home General Discussion

My new humidor

I just thought I'd let you all know I finally got a humidor to store many more cigars in. I got tired of not being able to order great deals when they were available. I only have a 50 ct. humi now. So I just ordered a 300 count humidor and a pound of some 65% humidity beads and two 4 oz. tubes to hold them in. I also got my first digital hygrometer. Yaaaaah! I figured since I have to work Sat. and Sun. this weekend (all overtime), that I can rationalize spending a little extra money to treat myself. Now I can buy tons of cigars without wondering if I'll have space for them in my tiny humi. Hoooraay for me.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Big Dean:
    I just thought I'd let you all know I finally got a humidor to store many more cigars in. I got tired of not being able to order great deals when they were available. I only have a 50 ct. humi now. So I just ordered a 300 count humidor and a pound of some 65% humidity beads and two 4 oz. tubes to hold them in. I also got my first digital hygrometer. Yaaaaah! I figured since I have to work Sat. and Sun. this weekend (all overtime), that I can rationalize spending a little extra money to treat myself. Now I can buy tons of cigars without wondering if I'll have space for them in my tiny humi. Hoooraay for me.
    Congrats on your purchase. In another two months you'll have another like it and a wine fridge for boxes... just wait for it :)
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Humidors, I find, are like closets. No matter how many your have, or how big, they're always less than you need.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Humidors, I find, are like closets. No matter how many your have, or how big, they're always less than you need.
    i agree. replace the word "closets" with "workbench space" and now we are talkin. back in school we had a a theory: no matter how big your desk/work area is your mess will always expand to fill it.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    i agree. replace the word "closets" with "workbench space" and now we are talkin. back in school we had a a theory: no matter how big your desk/work area is your mess will always expand to fill it.
    Aint that the truth! You should see what my workbench looks like right now.
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    j0z3r:
    Big Dean:
    Congrats on your purchase. In another two months you'll have another like it and a wine fridge for boxes... just wait for it :)
    Well. I really didn't think I would fill this humidor so fast. It is full(to the brim), and so is my 50 ct and my dads 50 ct that he dosn't use is also full of my cigars. I can't help myself, when I see a deal, I swoop it up. I am going to have to stop going on my computer so I can't find any great cigar deals. I have enough cigars to last me 2 years. Well, what they say is true. You can never have enough room in your humidor.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Congrats man. I said the same thing. I didn't think I would fill up mine sofast and now I have 6 that are all full.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I need to buy me a new humi, mine is overflowing so I'm doing the tupperdore thing right now. I have been considering building one but might not be able to wait until I can participate in such a project.