Home General Discussion
Options

San lotano oval maduro robusto

Anybody smoke these regularly and notice inconsistency?
Some are great, others tasteless and others acidic.
Used to smoke Joya De Nicaragua Antano but i lost the taste.
Anyone notice the inconsistency or recommend another smoke?

Tia
Dan

Comments

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Dan! Many experts and veteran brothers of the leaf here. Hope you stick around. All the San Lantanos I've have had, have been consistent. No real issues other than a little wonky burn here and there.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I dry box 75% of the maduro wrapped cigars I smoke. Just makes the wrapper burn a little shaper. Cuts down on the inconsistency. Might wanna give that a try.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Funny you should mention the Joya de Nic's as I used to smoke boxes of them and then stopped to start smoking tons of other brands. The San Lotanos are a good cigar but they desperately need some resting time to balance out the flavors inside. When smoked within the first 3 months they tend to have some erratic tastes going on....hard to pin it down because it is inconsistent at times so rest is the curse IMO.
  • Options
    danksheehandanksheehan Posts: 46
    Thank you guys.
    Cigary, what are your go to smokes now?
    Was thinking 601 blue and Diesel Maduro.
    Thoughts?

TIA
    Dan Sheehan
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Try the 1926 #6 maduro!! Great little smoke and cost friendly
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    PAtoNHPAtoNH Posts: 429
    It seems to me that maduros ship wet more than other cigars and need a little longer rest. I'm not a big fan of the SL ovals, just don't care for the shape. I second the 601 green and also suggest El Rey Del Mundo oscuro, L'Atelier maduros, Ramon Bueso Genesis and the San Lotano & Pinolero maduros.