Home General Discussion

Wine Country

Hello everyone, I sure hope you are well and Easter was a time of joy for you and your families. Here in northern California the grape vines are starting to sprout. The sun is quite warm and the breeze is perfectamundo for going out with your grandson and flying a kite. I have spent the last couple of months cleaning and re-stocking my boat and terminal tackle stash getting ready for my grandson's first year on the water. I bought him a new safety vest and 2 Zebco rod/reel combos. I can't wait to see the look on his 3.5 year old face when we hook into that first largemouth.

When I reflect on my 50 years to this point, I see many of the reasons for the pain and struggle of life. Work work work until your daughter is walking out the front door waving goodbye. You look in your arms and wonder where the last 18 years have gone. Sounds kinda sad but if you can see the circle, you can see the blessing. My son is 20 now and his friends tell me he is the friend they look up to because he believes everything happens for a specific reason. Well, I didn't think he was ever listening, I guess he was. Yeah the circle....Now my new bestest friend is this little fella that calls me "Grandpappy" and asks me to play all the time. I say I don't want to right now and he says, "But you NEED to!!" Wow what a blessing. I see my son-in-law going throught the very same things I did. God Bless him.

After 28 years of marriage and having worked since I was 14, my circle has gone around once and is stating over again, only this time I am going to pay attention. When Theo asks me "What is that Grandpappy?" I will say it is freedom son. Something that has been fought for by 100's of thousands of dreamers, men and women that were able to let go of selves and defend others. And my son, it is their gift to you. You need only to Believe, Hope and stand among the brave and proud men and women that stand for something and will never bend because the popular opinion is one of deciet and dishonesty.

Smoke that Cigar! Enjoy the one of the many freedoms these Patriots have so lovingly given us. Remember the greatest freedom fighter of all, Jesus. In him is the freedom of life ever-lasting.

From time to time I just need to share my thoughts. You have always been here and for that I am very grateful. God Bless Family, our Men and Women serving around the world, each and every one of you. Smoke on my Brothers and Sisters! I am going to light a Rocky Patel Decade in honor of all of you. Blessings!!!! Brian

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Foodislife:
    When Theo asks me "What is that Grandpappy?" I will say it is freedom son. Something that has been fought for by 100's of thousands of dreamers, men and women that were able to let go of selves and defend others.
    100's of MILLIONS. great post. I have nothing else to add. you said it all. P.S. How did you get the return breaks in the post? P.P.S Its good to see you over here.
  • ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    if you add "
    " without the quotes equals one return break
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Dang if I could make it work. Add what without the quotation marks?
    good to know
    Chevy:
    this still didnt come out as planned.
    i just cant seem to get it to work. ok i lied
    I edited this post about 10 times to try and figure it out. to get a break you have to type "left carrot" "br" "right carrot"

as in > = right carrot
    without quotes ofcourse ...
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Okay
    Testing
    And hot damn! :D
    And the thing about the carrots had me saying "WTF?" :P
  • I am so glad I was able to help you fellas out here on posting. Not my intention but what the heck.

Have a great weekend!
    kuzi16:
    Chevy:
    this still didnt come out as planned.
    i just cant seem to get it to work. ok i lied
    I edited this post about 10 times to try and figure it out. to get a break you have to type "left carrot" "br" "right carrot"

as in > = right carrot
    without quotes ofcourse ...

that is what I meant.sorry for the confusion
  • LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    Dude you should run for President! As one who spent 20 years of my life in service to our country, all I can say is that I wish I could do it all over again. Thanks for your post!
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Very eloquently put. The circle of life is a beautiful thing.