Home Ratings & Reviews

suprised by a yard gar: Aztec Grand Habano

Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
I smoke one or two sticks a day..if I have time. I also have a yard gar humi for..well yard work or quick smokes. So digging in my yard humi I grabbed this Aztec that has been in there for probably a year. It's actually not that bad! It was med full body, little spice, but a dang nicotine kick. Great draw and smoke output as well. Not any real deep flavors, but not flavorless either. Anybody tried one of these cheap smokes? imagephoto IMAG1126.jpg

Comments

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks yummy. Was it as good before you aged it?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Not yet but I actually got a 5'er on order from the devil site. I am often surprised by many budget smokes out there. I did a trade with about five members a while back and got a ton of different "yard gars" to try.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had one yet, but, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, I was quite surprised by Fighting C o c k. Picked them up based on someone's comment in the underappreciated thread and I must say, I've had worse cigars at a much higher price point.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know if it was my accidental aging by, well just forgetting about it, or if they are not half bad. Heck for what 39.99 for a box of 20 it may be the yard gar of choice.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Gran habano kicks ass, the Aztec is a good budget smoke, along with most of their lines really
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    I'd like to know if it was my accidental aging by, well just forgetting about it, or if they are not half bad. Heck for what 39.99 for a box of 20 it may be the yard gar of choice.

No, I agree with Baitfish on this. The line is great for the cost and ROTT I happen to like them as well. Some yard gars you just can't go wrong with and this happens to be one of them for me. Enjoy and keep them handy. Also it's not a bad pass to mooching buddies that just want one because they know you smoke :).
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a Gran Habano sampler from CCom some time ago. The Azteca was the last to be smoked and IMHO was far and away the best of the bunch. So mush so when a box came up on a special or Sprint I bought one. They get better and better the longer they rest.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    The Aztec is a solid stick and my favorite yard gar/ cheapie is the gran habano 3sls which I've gotten anywhere from 1.25 to 1.75 a stick.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    Bought a Gran Habano sampler from CCom some time ago. The Azteca was the last to be smoked and IMHO was far and away the best of the bunch. So mush so when a box came up on a special or Sprint I bought one. They get better and better the longer they rest.

I have to add that the robusto seems to age better, and faster, then the pointy one. I am about a third down on the torpedo and am just now getting a hint of what I got in the robusto, so the promise is still there. would let the torpedo age twice as long as the robusto. Smokes easy with decent smoke. I am getting no harshness or bitterness.

And it has a pretty band.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    jd50ae:

I have to add that the robusto seems to age better, and faster, then the pointy one. I am about a third down on the torpedo and am just now getting a hint of what I got in the robusto, so the promise is still there. would let the torpedo age twice as long as the robusto. Smokes easy with decent smoke. I am getting no harshness or bitterness.

And it has a pretty band.
    It actually shocked me that is was pretty good, I actually stopped mowing to enjoy it. Normally a dog rocket is..Well terrible and you have a sence of it even before lighting, and it's nice to get surprised every now again.