Home General Discussion

Jaradors

catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
So I am completely out of room... Not only did I get a new humi and fill it, but I've got overflow in ziplocs as well. I got some custom rolls recently and have several huge jars for pipe tobacco I've been blending. Figured I'd use a couple for my customs and let them age slowly. I got about 18-20 in each. image

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are about as cool as AYCE nachos
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Let's not talk about nachos for the next 7 weeks bro... It's cutting time lol
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea! What do you do for lanceros, or double coronas?
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember 8 or 9 years ago when I had them jars stashed everywhere, and on top of everything. Saved those cedar raps and used the round sponge type humidifiers stuck to the lids. As I remember there was very little humidity change and very little need to re-wet the sponges.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you plan on just storing for the time being or are you going to age? I think the aging process will be completely different.Kinda like pipe tobacco... anaerobic fermentation instead of open air aging. Be cool to see in a decade or so what happens, lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice no bands. Are they your custom rolled or mazos by any chance?
    These are custom rolled habanos. Behike size which is actually 7.25x52 and pyramide extra.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, make great stocking stuffers for Christmas too. Now do you keep them closed up or open them from time to time?

Humi's are full?? that's just terrible
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Time to build on to the house and make it a walk in humidor.

Go ahead and just do it, liven big pimp style!!
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I'd have to think that with a proper seal, you could store indefinitely in there. As long as the conditions of the storage area was proper. Find a cool, dark area...and those should never need opened.
    I am going to burp them every once in a while to be safe. I played major Tetris beyond anything I've ever done and still have a freezer bag full. I also have a ton of oipe tobacco coming so it's time to stop for a while lol. These jars are huge and fit a lb of pipe tobacco. I have a ton of jars for aging pipe tobacco so I figured they would work fine for cigars and my guess is those boveda will hold fast a long time.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I like it! I'm getting rid of a couple 100 count desk tops if you need a humi or two bro.
  • Aland84Aland84 Posts: 60
    I use one for overstock. I do like to burp it at least once a week since the air is still and the jar doesn't breath like a wooden humidor. I also learned that I had to use a humi pillow or boveda stashed on the bottom. I'm a little OCD so I put it between to cedar sheets. I was using a drymistat stick which I love, but it seemed as if the top half of the jar as getting more humidity vs the bottom. Sounds crazy I know, but the sticks I had in there had feet that were dryer than the heads. I'm sure there is some science behind that one.
    Aland84:
    I use one for overstock. I do like to burp it at least once a week since the air is still and the jar doesn't breath like a wooden humidor. I also learned that I had to use a humi pillow or boveda stashed on the bottom. I'm a little OCD so I put it between to cedar sheets. I was using a drymistat stick which I love, but it seemed as if the top half of the jar as getting more humidity vs the bottom. Sounds crazy I know, but the sticks I had in there had feet that were dryer than the heads. I'm sure there is some science behind that one.
    interesting, rh should drop, but I'll put a boveda at the top and bottom. Thanks man.
    bigharpoon:
    I like it! I'm getting rid of a couple 100 count desk tops if you need a humi or two bro.
    lord no... I need to downsize lol. I'll probably restart a cooler after ipcpr.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    bigharpoon:
    lord no... I need to downsize lol. I'll probably restart a cooler after ipcpr.
    Ha! Me too, I'm downsizing everything I own.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I find this thread funny.... I got grilled for using jars before. albeit i used reclaimed pickle jars, i guess spending a few more dollars for a jar with threads makes it okay.

Aj
    I don't see why anyone would care or grill you. It's a jar. Any airtight space with a good seal should be fine. Although I could see why someone would be concerned about them having being used for pickles.
    catfishbluezz:
    I don't see why anyone would care or grill you. It's a jar. Any airtight space with a good seal should be fine.
    my sentiments exactly Boss, you being the idea master for re-using jars for my cigar after you schooled me on jarring my pipe tobacco. I always thought this was a genius idea, and my hats off to you on the original concept. Just ironic if ya know what i mean. like how it makes you feel in hindsite, when you see it in a positive light after a good bashing.

one of those Charlie Brown moments.....

Aj
    It happens bro, I had several large jars for pipe tobacco sitting around and figured it would be a good idea. These bad boys hold a lb of pipe tobacco, so my favorite blends get one, and the blends I am currently working on myself. At the end of the day, all that matters is your personal enjoyment.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dr_frankenstein56:
    I find this thread funny.... I got grilled for using jars before. albeit i used reclaimed pickle jars, i guess spending a few more dollars for a jar with threads makes it okay.

Aj
    still waiting to try one of your pickle-infused cigars
    ;-)

i should try this with an old grape jelly jar ....
    could make my own grape swishers at home....

if it worked, i bet y'all would be so .... jelly
    :-) :-) :-)

(i'll see myself out)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj
    still waiting to try one of your pickle-infused cigars
    ;-)

i should try this with an old grape jelly jar ....
    could make my own grape swishers at home....

if it worked, i bet y'all would be so .... jelly
    :-) :-) :-)

(i'll see myself out)
    LMAO! if only it was you! LMAO... I dont mind a good ribbing from you guys, you guys is you guys. Thats what Ccom is. no way man, I got looked at like i was a leper for mentioning such "Blasphamey" at my local B&M. You would have thought i had flopped the ol'lizard out when i saw the jaws hit the floor over the mention of using jars. Snobs is just such snobs sometimes!

Aj
  • Aland84Aland84 Posts: 60
    catfishbluezz:
    Aland84:
    interesting, rh should drop, but I'll put a boveda at the top and bottom. Thanks man.
    That's the same method I use now. A pack on the bottom and one on top or the stick.