Home Cigar 101

Traveling humi for a month?

Hey all! I'll be going away for a little more than a month and wondering what my options could be for that long a term and bringing a few sticks with me. (and by 'few' I mean about 15. Maybe 20.) I'll be traveling/touring across the US and I'm assuming my 15-ct herfador would not be right for this...Or if it is, do I just need a good humidifying agent? Any thoughts? Thanks again guys!

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Your herfador is exactly what it was made for. If you can keep them from being crushed a zip lock bag would work.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    You can use the herfador or a ziplock freezer bag...I suggest using a boveda pack for humidity
    Money can't buy taste
  • ejasenovicejasenovic Posts: 66
    Ah ok! I originally thought it was just made for week-long excursions. This makes more sense...ha!
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 15ct that I keep in my truck at all times with a few in it. Never want to be without. I have a small stick style humidifier that has the gel in it. Just fill it with water from time to time and it works great. Picked it up for $10.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    You can use the herfador or a ziplock freezer bag...I suggest using a boveda pack for humidity
    +10000 on the boveda 2way, get it at like 65%

I just got back from a few weeks in hawaii and I brought along 2 herfadors with sticks and I did water pillows in them, however I didn't take into account the HIGH HUMIDITY IN HAWAII.... holy wet smokes batman, it sucked to say the least. The boveda's woulda done the trick of keeping them not only humid, but not over humidified depending on where you travel to. and they are rechargeable!
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Tupperware and boveda if you need it. Out some cedar in there and use bubble wrap if you don't want them moving around. That's what I do when the 15ct don't cut it.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    This Black-Ops 40 Count Travel Case is a fantastic deal on clearance for only $29 at Ccom. It is rock solid, plus leave out some of the foam partitions and have room for 20+ cigars and all your accessories.
    Chemnitz:
    This Black-Ops 40 Count Travel Case is a fantastic deal on clearance for only $29 at Ccom. It is rock solid, plus leave out some of the foam partitions and have room for 20+ cigars and all your accessories.
    DAMNIT...and I just dropped a 125 here....hope they are round next order lol
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:

Been looking at that one myself and the idea of reducing the number of smokes for the necessary accessories makes it a perfect choice, at least for me.
  • ejasenovicejasenovic Posts: 66
    Chemnitz:

I didn't even think about putting the accessories in with it! Long as I can make it safe that sounds awesome. You think that brand/case is as reliable as the humicare herf?
    ejasenovic:
    Chemnitz:

I didn't even think about putting the accessories in with it! Long as I can make it safe that sounds awesome. You think that brand/case is as reliable as the humicare herf?
    The only difference is probably the badge lol
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    ejasenovic:
    Chemnitz:

The only difference is probably the badge lol
    Mine is very well constructed from quality plastics. The front clips are solid and snap shut tightly. Nice rubber seal inside the lid. The only thing I recommend is letting it air out for a few days because the foam dividers smell at first, but that went away.
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I use an old plastic hair clipper case. I put the stogies in a freezer bag and a heartfelt disc in a separate freezer bag that remains open but goes inside the cigar bag as well. I them zip up the main bag and wrap it all in a towel so it won't move around in the case. At worst I recharge the beads if the humidity drops. Ghetto, yes, functional, yes as well.
  • sp33d3ysp33d3y Posts: 17
    I have a buddy that travels with a Pelican case, Its big enough for about 20 stick, cutter, and lighter (depending on the sticks) He has a few smaller ones as well as a HUGE one that is his main humidor at his house. And by HUGE, I mean a years worth of cigars at two a day. (he's done the math)